This packet is just what you need to start off the year in kindergarten! It can also be adapted for pre-k, 1st and 2nd!
You may be wondering, "What is in this fabulous packet???"
1. Large ABC wall display cards, with the vowels in red including a picture for both the short and long sound
2. Flashcards for uppercase letters (4 to a page)
3. Flashcards for lowercase letters (4 to a page)
4. Flashcards for beginning sounds (4 to a page)
5. Letter sort mats that can also be printed off for recording sheets
6. A page for each letter with 20 different styles/fonts (including uppercase and lowercase) to sort
***7/17/2013: I have added a one page ABC chart for student use and an ABC tracing book to this packet.
The flashcards can be used for daily review during your morning meeting, to play memory in small group/literacy stations, to put in ABC order (sequencing!), and more!!!
Common Core Standards covered in this packet are:
RF.K.1. Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print.
--Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
--Recognize and name all upper- and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
RF.K.2. Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
--Isolate and pronounce the initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in three-phoneme (consonant-vowel-consonant, or CVC) words.
RF.K.3. Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
--Demonstrate basic knowledge of letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary or most frequent sound for each consonant.
--Associate the long and short sounds with the common spellings (graphemes) for the five major vowels.
Please ask me any questions BEFORE purchasing. Thank you!