Implement the new Common Core Math Standards for Mathematical Practice with these kid-friendly posters! They have both simplified, kid-friendly language as well as the official language from Common Core, to encourage teachers and students to be aligned with the authentic messages that Common Core intended! Here's how you can use these in your classroom:
1. Introduce the SMP's one at a time at the beginning of the year so that students will have a concrete understanding of each one.
2. Print and laminate for durability, and then display them on a bulletin board or on pretty ribbon!
3. Print them several pages to a page to minimize the size and turn these posters into kid-sized handouts! This is great for interactive student notebooks, parent resources, etc.!
4. Print out the posters and make a classbook to reinforce each SMP! Have students write or model examples of each SMP to display their new understandings as world class mathematicians!
5. Refer to the SMP posters during principal evaluations or teacher observations!
6. Most importantly, be sure to increase your usage of these important standards by incorporating them into your every day language and activities!