After attending many sessions about our new Common Core State Standards and several of those being about the new Mathematical Practices, I decided there has got to be an easier way to word those practices. I catch myself using the kid-friendly version more so than the actual practices themselves.
I know that these are very important, more so with the upper grades right now, but I know it's only a matter of time before our little ones are expected to use them and know what they are.
These posters are in color! FINALLY! So sorry for those that have been waiting! :)
The Mathematical Practices are:
1. Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
2. Reason abstractly and quantitatively
3. Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
4. Model with Mathematics.
5. Use appropriate tools strategically.
6. Attend to precision.
7. Look for and make use of structure.
8. Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.