Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
151.05 MB | 180 Pages and 183 Slides pages
Each product in this bundle is a Common Core aligned resource that is the perfect way to teach your students how to compose a multi-paragraph argumentative composition. It will allow your students to take part in a real world project that includes the use of technology and several research based strategies. Students will love the ability to research a real world topic that they can relate to and the chance to voice their thoughts on the subject. Teachers will love that this engaging and rigorous product contains teacher models for each task, a customizable Power Point presentation to guide each lesson, and several teacher tips/suggestions. Not to mention that this gives both students and teachers a variety of choices to complete this task!
In addition, it is a differentiated product that contains two options for several of the activities in the task. Option 1 materials are designed for average to lower level students who may struggle with online research and writing. There are several modified activities as well as suggested modifications/tips, and an intervention activity for students who struggle with organizing/writing. Option 2 materials are designed for average to higher level students who do not usually struggle with research and writing.
This resource covers the following Common Core Standards:
Each product in this bundle includes the following files when downloaded:
1. Performance Task Activity and Teacher Models (29 Pages): Each product contains a PDF file that includes the differentiated resources for Option #1 and Option #2. There is a cover sheet with information and tips for both options. In addition, the teacher models for this performance task is also in this file. ***In Task #2, students are expected to use the online website ProCon.org. If students are not able to participate in online research activities, you can easily print the materials from the website.***
2. Task Presentation (61 Slides per product/ 183 TOTAL SLIDES): Each product includes a presentation that is designed to guide teacher and students through the four days (more or less days depending on your students)of this project. It includes daily agendas, learning targets, warm-ups, self assessments, and other important information. There are also 10 blank slides that you can use to customize and edit the presentation to fit your needs. ***This presentation is available in PDF, PowerPoint, and Keynote versions so that there will be a compatible software version for any computer or device you have.***
3. Lesson Notes Handout (31 Pages): This is an annotated PDF version of the performance Task. It includes important information about each tasks, suggested modifications and modeling opportunities, and other tips that can help better plan the best lessons to fit the needs of your individual students.***This can be found in the Presentation and Lesson Outline Folder.***
4. Argumentative Writing Reference Sheet (2 Pages/ 6 Pages TOTAL): Each product contains a PDF file that includes a reference sheet that students can use during Tasks #3 and #4. It includes the learning target, criteria for a strong argumentative response, and a writing checklist on one page. The back page contains transition words and sentence starters that can help students beef up their writing.***It can be found in the Editing and Revising Materials folder.***
5. Editing and Revising Checklist (1 Page/ 3 Pages TOTAL): Each product contains a PDF file that contains a color coded checklist that will help students edit and revise their rough drafts. The color coded system allows students to see what they have included in their rough draft and what components they may be missing. This also makes it super simple for teachers to identify what students are missing and give appropriate academic feedback.***It can be found in the Editing and Revising Materials folder.***
6. There are also three freebies included in this download.
-A picture of an strong argument anchor chart
-PEEL Writing Strategy Digital Image (Could be used as a digital anchor chart)
-PEEL Writing Strategy Freebie from my store
Please be sure to download the preview file to see exactly what you are getting when you purchase this product!