I'm celebrating a milestone! Thank you TpT community for helping us save to adopt our daughter this past year. Enjoy this product free as a thank you! We are so grateful! :)
How often have you heard a child quote their favorite cartoon? Probably recently, right? Kids LOVE cartoons. And if your students are anything like mine, many of them have a hard time getting cartoons out of their heads! That's why Paula is a good visual image to give kids to help them remember the formula for writing a persuasive argument.
The first letter of each word in
"Paula Wants 2 Eat Cake"
stands for part of the formula:
2 EXAMPLES (or reasons)
This "formula" can be used to answer any question that requires evidence.
In this download, you will find
* Printables to put up in your classroom..
* Ten mini-posters with questions to get your class writing. These can be used in literacy centers, as shared writing prompts, or as questions for students to write about individually. (Pictures and words are on each mini-poster - perfect for limited English speakers.)
* Student and teacher rubrics for persuasive paragraphs and four-paragraph persuasive essays.
* Writing planners to help your students "put together" their positions and write persuasive paragraphs or four-paragraph persuasive essays. (Lined, unlined, and drawing)
* A list of words and phrases perfect for persuasion and CONVINCING someone! (Perfect to add to a writing notebook too!)
NEW 4/2013 - Five Bonus Pages were added.
"Paula Wants 2 Eat Cake" can also be "Paula Wants To Eat Cake"
"T"o "E"at = "T"hree "E"xamples or Reasons
Table of Contents
Explanation Pages 3-4
CCSS Alignment Info. Page 5
Paula Printables Pages 6-10
Convincing Words and Phrases Page 11
Mini Posters Pages 12-21
Paragraph Planner (ELL) Page 22
Paragraph Planners Pages 23-24
Paragraph Paper w/ Self Check Page 25
Persuasive Paragraph Student Rubric Page 26
Persuasive Paragraph Teacher Rubric Page 27
Persuasive Paper Planner Page 28
Persuasive Paper Final Copy Page 29
Paper Student Rubric Page 30
Teacher Rubric Page 31
BONUS PAGES - added 4/2013 Pages 32-37
Three Examples/Reasons signs, planner, draft paper