The ability to subitize, or instantly recognize small arrangements of items, is a foundational math skill. This unit combines subitizing with activities for changing numbers (change 4 to 6), making ten (what do you add to 4 to make 10), and place value (10 more than 4). All the workstation activities and printables feature representations of the numbers using dots or ten-frames.
This 27 page set includes:
1. Large cards for whole or small group subitizing practice.
2. Two types of small cards for use in workstations.
3. Workstation activities cards. These cards are written for students to use in workstations. There are 6 different activities included in this unit. The instruction cards feature picture prompts and examples to show students how their work should look. Students should have counters available when working on these activities.
4. Game boards. Two of the activities feature full color game boards.
5. Printables. Four printables are included and can be used for extra practice or for assessment purposes.
Common Core alignment:
Add and subtract within 10 (K.OA.2)
Make ten (K.OA.4)
Fluently add and subtract within 5 (K.OA.5)
Work with numbers 11-19 (K.NBT.1)
Compare numbers (K.CC.6)