PLEASE dowonload our preview. It is PACKED with info and portions of the actual assessments. You won't be dissapointed!
Please read licensing agreement in its entirety. Agreement is agreed to by purchasing and is effective at point of sale. Licensing agreement is included below.
Each student booklet contains a pre-test to help teachers gauge current skill levels of their students and a post-test to provide more advanced practice for the national assessment. Each practice test includes eight excerpts from various genres—fiction, drama, non-fiction, and poetry— with accompanying multiple choice questions and short answer questions. Each question targets one or more of the ten reading standards established by the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts. Whenever appropriate, questions ask students to provide specific evidence from the text to support their answers.
The excerpts we have chosen are either directly listed as text exemplars in Appendix B of the Common Core State Standards, or they have been chosen because their Lexile© measure designates them as being in the appropriate text complexity band for that particular age group. Each practice test also comes with an answer key that breaks down the questions by standard so that it is easy for teachers to know exactly which standards need to be emphasized. This will enable teachers to spend more time on teaching standards that the majority of their students are struggling with and also target specific students for small group or one-on-one remediation when necessary to address learning gaps.
The booklets are intended to be utilized as a pre-test sometime in the first few weeks of school and as a post-test a month or two before the national assessment. However, teachers can use the workbooks at any time during the year as practice for the end-of-the-year assessment if that is more helpful to them.
Selection of Excerpts:
1. Excerpts have been selected from the Common Core State Standards Initiative’s Appendix B, which lists text exemplars for all grades, and other recommendations by partners of CCSSI.
2. Some high-interest excerpts have been chosen from Harold Bloom’s anthology, “Stories and Poems for Extremely Intelligent Children of All Ages.”
3. All excerpts have been cross-referenced with Lexile® to ensure that they are in the appropriate Lexile© measures band for the designated grade.
4. All excerpts are from complex, authentic texts from a variety of genres – fiction, drama, poetry, nonfiction, memoir, biography, autobiography, historical fiction, science fiction and political speech are all represented in our selections.
5. Excerpts deepen students’ knowledge of America’s rich literary heritage and increase students’ exposure to historically relevant texts.
Reading Comprehension Questions:
1. Questions integrate a variety of standards from the Reading Standards for Fiction and Informational Texts. Most questions are designed to address three of the ten standards.
2. Many questions require students to give text-based evidence to support their answer.
3. Questions are designed to promote close reading and a foster a deep understanding of the text.
4. Open-response questions are designed to encourage higher-order thinking and the integrationof knowledge from multiple sources.
1. There are enough questions for each standard to constitute a reliable portrait of students’ current levels of mastery of the Common Core State Standards.
2. We provide a comprehensive scoring system that easily calculates students’ rate of improvement from the pre-test to the post-test.
3. Student mastery levels and progress are able to be tracked throughout the year and reports are easily generated to provide detailed descriptions for students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
4. Our assessment provides prompt feedback to teachers so that they can make instructional choices and alterations to accommodate for students’ areas of weakness.
Sensible Solutions LLC Limited License to Use Copyrighted Materials
This License Agreement is entered into and agreed upon at the point of sale. Said agreement is between Sensible Solutions LLC, a Massachusetts Corporation with offices located at 113 South
Washington St., Norton, MA 02766, and the “Purchaser”.
This License shall continue in effect for one year, commencing the day of receipt of payment unless renewed in writing by the Purchaser.
In consideration of the mutual promises contained in this License, and for other valuable and
sufficient consideration, the Publisher and Purchaser hereby agree as follows:
Upon Publisher’s acceptance of the Purchaser’s completed order and upon receipt of the purchasing fee, which together constitute the Purchaser’s acceptance of the terms of this License, the Publisher grants the Purchaser and its Authorized Users a nonexclusive, nontransferable license to access, copy, and distribute the PACCS assessment system to its Authorized Users.
2. Authorized Users:
“Authorized Users” are identified as authenticated, current, full-time and part-time students enrolled in classes led by the Purchaser. Authorized Users are authenticated only if they are given access to the PACCS system within the confines of the classroom led by the Purchaser or, if access is granted to a digital version of PACCS, such access must be limited to a secure network accessible only to Authorized Users.
The Publisher reserves the right to limit Authorized Users to 150 students.
Access to other employees of the Purchaser’s institution (including faculty, staff, and administrators) is allowable for the purposes of personal review. However, this license does not authorize such individuals to copy, distribute, or utilize this product in any way other than for personal review or reference.
Distribution of the PACCS system through open proxies and other non-secure, non-authenticated proxy servers is prohibited.
3. Copyright and Trademark Ownership:
The Publisher is the owner of all rights, including without limitation, copyright and trademark for the entirety of the PACCS system. The Publisher is subject to all applicable national and international copyright and trademark laws and rights of the Publisher as the copyright and/or trademark owner. Neither the Purchaser nor its Authorized Users shall have any right, title, or interest in the PACCS system, except for the License expressly set forth in this Agreement.
The Purchaser and Authorized Users are prohibited from removing or modifying any intellectual property notices including, but not limited to, copyright and trademark notices.
4. Scope of License:
All use of the content in the PACCS system is subject to applicable copyright law and reproduction of PACCS or any portion thereof is authorized only as follows:
a. Publisher grants access to the PACCS system solely to the Purchaser and its Authorized Users.
b. Purchaser and its Authorized Users may print or copy text for personal, noncommercial use.
c. Recompiling, reselling, creating derivative works, redistributing, publishing, modifying, displaying, or republishing of any text, questions, or other information from PACCS or any portion therof in any form or medium now or hereafter known is prohibited without the express written permission of the Publisher.
d. The Purchaser and Authorized Users may only access PACCS online in a way that conforms to these terms and conditions and all applicable laws and regulations.
e. Commercial use (e.g. downloading, posting of a file, or printing to resell or distribute) of any portion of PACCS is expressly prohibited.
f. The Purchaser or Authorized Users may transcribe any portion of PACCS into Braille script or enlarged type for Authorized Users who are visually impaired.
g. The Purchaser may not incorporate all or any part of PACCS into school district curriculum without giving credit in citation form to the authors and Publisher of PACCS.
5. Purchaser’s Undertakings:
a. Purchaser will undertake all necessary authentication and verification processes to ensure that only Authorized Users can access PACCS, whether digitally, online, or in print. The Purchaser will not knowingly permit anyone other than Authorized Users to have access to PACCS. The Publisher reserves the right to independently verify that only Authorized Users can access PACCS and the Purchaser agrees to permit such verification.
b. Purchaser is solely responsible for creating and maintaining reasonable security measures and for posting policies that do not contradict the rights and restrictions described in these guidelines to ensure that only Authorized Users have access to PACCS.
c. Purchaser is prohibited from entering into agreements which provide access to PACCS with any other individuals, organizations, vendors, affiliates, or partners.
This License may not be assigned or transferred, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of the Publisher.