Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.13 MB | 35 pages
These materials cover 27 Common Core Reading and Writing standards for grades 4-5.
This product includes a weekly reading log, a monthly reading goal setting sheet, a monthly reading goal refection sheet, a chart to keep track of books read throughout the year, materials to set up a classroom notebook of books recommended by fellow students, and 13 reading and writing skill assignments that can be used for any fiction or nonfiction book including:
- Character Motives – retell an event from another point of view
- Character Choices – letter writing
- Evidence of Evolving Characters – chart and essay
- Setting Study for Fiction – choice of two projects
- Story Map for Fiction – creative writing prompt
- Alternative Endings
- Theme Study – common themes among books
- Visualizing Figurative Language
- Informational Books – Schema essay
- Nonfiction – investigating further using research
- Nonfiction – identifying bias
- Analyzing Illustrations and Diagrams
This product would be ideal for creating an journal for books read independently, for creating a packet for trade books you are reading as a whole class, for creating a packet for books you are reading in literacy circles so that all of your students are working on similar skills while reading books on their individual levels, for creating a packet for remedial or advance students who need differentiated instruction, or for creating various literacy centers.
A free sample of this product is available for download:
(Please Note: This product was previously titled "Independent Reading Journal".)
Positive feedback is always appreciated!
Apple Graphic Provided by: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/The-Hazel-Owl