This is a set of 23 Common Core Graphic Organizers that can be used for any Science Informational Text Passage.
Graphic organizers provide the student with a clear and concise reading goal. By reading the questions on the graphic organizer, the student is provided with a guide or map as they read the informational text passage.
Correlated to the Common Core Standards for the Science and Technical Subjects in Grades 6-8, 9-10, and 11-12.
Includes a set of 23 graphic organizers for all science students in grades 6-12. Both color and black/white versions are included.
Please Note: These graphic organizers are included in the following bundled products. Click these links to see the bundled products.
• Common Core Bundle for the Science and Technical Subjects Grades 6-8
• Common Core Bundle for the Science and Technical Subjects Grades 9-10
• Common Core Bundle for the Science and Technical Subjects Grades 11-12
From the moment of purchase, you will be ready to use your graphic organizers in just a few minutes. Simply print the graphic organizer you need and duplicate for your class. The pages look best when printed in color, but they work perfectly fine when printed in black and white.
There are many ways to use the graphic organizers.
• Introduce a new topic by having the class read an informational text passage and complete a graphic organizer to determine the main idea and to summarize the text.
• Print the graphic organizers on card stock paper and laminate them for a class set. Punch a hole in the corner and place them on a ring. Hang them on a pegboard for use throughout the year.
• Set up a reading session by dividing the class into groups. Have all groups read the same passage, but complete different graphic organizers. Each group can report their findings to the class.
• Students can use the graphic organizers in small groups to read the textbook or review the text for a unit test.
• These graphic organizers are PERFECT for early finishers and for gifted students who need enrichment. Keep several fun and interesting science informational text readings on hand for these students.
This set of 23 graphic organizers:
• Can be used by any science student in grades 6 – 12.
• The questions on the graphic organizers can be applied to any type of science reading passage.
• Different graphic organizers are used depending on the type of informational text used.
• Each graphic organizer has been correlated with the appropriate CCSS standards from “English Language Arts Standards >> Science & Technical Subjects (Grades 6 – 12)”
Included in this product:
• 23 Color and Black/White graphic organizers that address all of the CCSS standards found in: “English Language Arts Standards: Science and Technical Subjects (Grades 6 – 12)”
• The CCSS standards for the Science and Technical Subjects for Grades 6-8, 9-10, and 11-12.
• A complete teacher guide for each grade level. The teacher guide correlates each graphic organizer with the appropriate CCSS standards.
Not Included in this Product:
• The reading passages that are needed for the graphic organizers are not included. The teacher must locate and choose the appropriate reading passages for their grade level student, and for the ability level of their class.
• Under the “fair use” policy of the US Copyright Code, you may select reading passages to use in your classroom, provided that these copyrighted materials are not sold, copied for distribution to others, posted to a web site, etc. Therefore, inclusion of any science informational text readings in this commercial product would be a violation of copyright.
Related products include:
Scientific Method Task Cards
Common Core Science: Informational Reading Task Cards for ANY Science Reading Passage
Common Core Checklists for Science and Technical Subjects Grades 6 - 8
Common Core Checklists for Science and Technical Subjects Grades 9 - 10
Common Core Checklists for Science and Technical Subjects in Grades 11-12
Mini Posters for Common Core Science and Technical Subjects Grades 6-8
Mini Posters for Common Core Science and Technical Subjects Grades 9-10
Mini Posters for Common Core Science and Technical Subjects Grades 11-12
Free! Graphic Organizer for Reading Science Informational Text
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page