Grades K-4 Common Core Special Education Interactive Lesson Plan Templates
REVISED: NOW CONTAIN PDF DOCUMENTS FOR MAC USERS OR THOSE WHO PREFER PDF DOCUMENTS.
PLEASE READ NOTES AT BOTTOM OF THIS DESCRIPTION
K – 4 SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHERS;
DO YOU WANT TO SAVE TIME COMPLETING YOUR LESSON PLANS EACH WEEK?
DO YOU WANT A LESSON PLAN FORM THAT CONTAINS MOST ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO COMPLETE DETAILED AND THOROUGH LESSON PLANS?
If you answered “yes” to the above questions, then these lesson plan templates ARE FOR YOU!
This set of Special Education lesson plan templates are unique in that they are: (1) aligned with the Common Core State Standards in the areas of English Language Arts – Reading, Writing, Speaking & Listening, Language- and Mathematics; and (2) fully interactive with drop down menus, check boxes and plain text content control typing fields for easily selecting/inserting relevant information related to planning lesson for special needs students. These lesson plan templates were designed to SAVE YOU TIME in preparing weekly lesson plans for your students. EACH GRADE LEVEL/SUBJECT AREA CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING SECTIONS:
1. Identifying Information – with plain text content control typing fields for inserting the teacher’s name, the specific group/students for whom the lesson will be conducted, and the dates the lesson will be implemented;
2. Instructional Setting – with a check-box to indicate whether the special education services for the lesson will be delivered in a self-contained class, a resource room or the general education setting;
3. Common Core State Standards – with drop down menus for selecting the standards focus for
4. IEP Goal/Objectives – with a plain text content control typing field for inserting the specific goal/objectives addressed during the lesson;
5. Specially Designed Instruction – with drop down menus for selecting up to four specially designed instructional techniques required for the goal/objectives (specific to each subject area);
6. General and Subject Specific Accommodations/Modifications/Supplemental Aides and Services – with drop down menus for selecting up to three general and subject-specific accommodations, modifications, and supplemental aides and services;
7. Materials – with a plain text content control field for quickly typing in a list of instructional materials needed for the lesson;
8. Procedures – divided into Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4 and Day 5 - with a plain text content control field for inserting the specific procedures to be followed during the lesson for each day;
9. Assessment – Now includes a section for five days of formative assessment with drop down menus for quickly selecting the formative assessment planned for the day; a section with a drop down menu for selecting and inserting the specific summative assessment method(s) which will be used to assess learning of the standard/objective and a section with another drop down menu for selecting the specific assessment modifications to be implemented for the assessment(s) chosen, as well as a section for inserting scoring criteria for four levels of performance to be used with assessments requiring a rubric;
10. Notes – with a plain text content control field for quickly inserting important reminders before the lesson and/or reflections regarding the outcome of the lesson or notes for follow-up after the lesson has been conducted.
This lesson plan set contains templates for the primary grades of Kindergarten, First, Second and Third Grades AND for Fourth Grade. Each grade level contains 3 lesson templates in Word format, and 3 lesson templates in PDF format - one each for the subject areas of English Language Arts- Reading, English Language Arts – Writing, Speaking & Listening, and Language, and Mathematics. Each lesson plan template is four pages long.
NOTE: The Word documents were created using Microsoft Word 2010. The interactive features in the Word documents are only accessible on a PC computer with Microsoft Word 2007 or later installed. The interactive features in the Word document will not work on a Mac computer or a PC with Microsoft Word 2003. However, the interactive features of the PDF documents will work on Mac computers.
NOTE: There is a character limitation in the drop down menus in the Word documents. No more than 256 characters can be entered into the drop down list or displayed in the document. Therefore, for those standards containing more than 256 characters, the majority of the standard will be displayed, but all characters beyond the 256 limit will be cut off when inserted into the document, especially those with lengthy examples in the standard. In addition, the PDF document drop down menus are limited to one line only- the standard will not return to the left margin and insert a second line. Therefore, for the PDF documents, the font on some of the drop down menus has been reduced to 9 point to allow for more of the standard to fit on the one-line limit.
This is THE LESSON PLAN TEMPLATE for Special Education Teachers who teach Kindergarten through Grade 4!
You can view a preview of the Grade 3 level by clicking on “Download Preview” on the product page.
If you have any questions regarding these lesson plan templates, please contact me and ...happy (speedy) planning!.