PLEASE SEE NOTE AT THE END OF THIS DESCRIPTION
THE INTERACTIVE FEATURES OF THIS TEMPLATE WILL NOT WORK ON A MAC MACHINE.
NEW! For Speech Language Therapists! Per customer request, I have expanded the Speech Language Therapy Interactive Lesson Plan Templates for the Middle Grades 6-8!
This set of Speech/Language Therapy lesson plan templates are unique in that they are: (1) aligned with the Common Core State Standards in the areas of English Language Arts –Speaking & Listening and Language; (2) fully interactive with drop down menus, check boxes and plain text content control typing fields for easily selecting/inserting relevant information related to planning therapy sessions for students with communication disorders. These lesson plan templates were designed to SAVE YOU TIME in preparing weekly lesson plans for your students.
EACH MIDDLE GRADE LEVEL 6-8 TEMPLATE CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING SECTIONS:
1. Identifying Information – with plain text content control typing fields for inserting the therapist’s name, the specific group/students for whom the lesson will be conducted, and the dates the lesson will be implemented;
2. Delivery of Service – with a check-box to indicate whether the therapy session will be delivered individually in the therapy room, in small groups in the therapy room, in the general education setting with collaboration and/or in a co-therapy setting.
3. Common Core State Standards – in the areas of speaking and listening and language with drop down menus for selecting the standards focus for the session;
4. IEP Goal/Objectives – with a checkbox to indicate the target areas (articulation, expressive language, receptive language, voice, fluency and pragmatics and a plain text content control typing field for inserting the specific goal/objectives / target skill addressed during the therapy session;
5. Specially Designed Instruction – with drop down menus for selecting up to two specially designed instructional techniques required for each target skill/goal/objective (specific to each target area);
6. Supplemental Aides and Services – with drop down menus for each target area for selecting up to two communication-related supplemental aides and services ;
7. Accommodations – with drop down menus for selecting up to three speaking/listening and language accommodations;
7. Materials – with a plain text content control field for quickly typing in a list of instructional materials needed for the lesson;
8. Procedures – with a plain text content control field for inserting the specific procedures to be followed during the lesson;
9. Assessment – a section with a drop down menu for selecting and inserting the specific assessment method(s) which will be used to assess student performance of the target skill/objective and a section for recording data regarding student performance on trials related to the target skill for up to five students; and
10. Notes – with a plain text content control field for quickly inserting important reminders before the session and/or reflections regarding the outcome of the session or notes for follow-up after the session has been conducted.
This lesson plan set contains therapy session planning templates for the middle grades 6-8. These templates are FULLY EDITABLE.
This is THE LESSON PLAN TEMPLATE for Speech Language Therapists responsible for providing speech language services at the middle school level!
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THESE LESSON PLAN TEMPLATES, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AND...HAPPY (SPEEDY) PLANNING!
These templates are Word documents created using Microsoft Word 2010. The interactive features are only accessible on a PC computer with Microsoft Word 2007 or later installed. The interactive features will not work on a Mac computer or a PC with Windows 2003.
Note: There is a character limitation in the drop down menus. No more than 256 characters can be entered into the drop down list or displayed in the document. Therefore, for those standards containing more than 256 characters, the majority of the standard will be displayed, but all characters beyond the 256 limit will be cut off when inserted into the document.
***PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS A COMPATIBILITY ISSUE WITH THE DROP DOWN MENUS IN THESE DOCUMENTS ON A MAC MACHINE. MAC DOES NOT SUPPORT MACROS AND THE INTERACTIVE FEATURES WILL NOT WORK ON A MAC MACHINE.