These student-friendly "I can" statements are aligned to the Common Core Standards. As an experienced evaluator, I know the importance of having standards written in kid-friendly terms that allow students to focus on the intended learning. In this resource you will find every ELA standard for kindergarten rewritten as an I Can statement. Some of the standards are divided up into various I can statements to allow students to reach mastery.
These are FULL PAGE allowing your students to easily read them. They look beautiful on a bulletin board. At the top of the page you will find the student-friendly I can statement and on the bottom in a smaller font, you will find the complete standard for your quick-reference.
I have included both color and printer-friendly black & white versions of these.
Please look through the preview for an up-close look at this beautiful format!
This is a HUGE 120+ page document!
Looking for Kindergarten I can statements for the new TN standards?
TN Academic Standards - ELA - Kindergarten
Need the standards for first grade?
First Grade I Can Statements Aligned to the Common Core Standards
You will love these other fun & educational resources!
• New Year's Resolutions- One Kindness & One Academic Goal
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in the Primary Grades
• Groundhog Crafts and Nonfiction Resource Bundle
• HUGE Fairy Tale File Folder Bundle - Practice Characters, Settings, & Major Events
• Interactive Writing Center for the Year!
• Operation: Observation
• All About Hurricanes & The Red Cross
• The Gruffalo & The Gruffalo's Child Craftivity Plus ELA & Math Resources
• My Teacher is Having a Baby
• Chicka Chicka Boom Boom - STEM, Crafts, ELA, & More!
• 5 Green & Speckled Frogs - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• 5 Little Ducks - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• Huge Holiday Bundle of File Folder Games
Click on the ✮ beside my store name to add me to your favorite sellers. You will be the first to know about new freebies & fun products. All of my products are 1/2 off for the first 24 hours!
Pencils to Pigtails