*Includes special rulers to help students find the place values of numbers!*
This set of 30 task cards is aligned to 3rd grade standards, but also works great for 2nd grade enrichment and 4th grade remediation. Students will enjoy sharpening their place value skills with (or without) the use of the place value rulers! Each task card has open-ended questions based on Common Core Standards for Number & Operations in Base Ten. Once you laminate and cut your cards, the set can be re-used every year!
These Common Core Task Cards are a great addition to any Place Value Unit. They come in handy for math centers, test prep, assessments, early finishers…the list goes on! They are great for all kinds of learning games and can even be made into overhead transparencies for daily warm-ups. They work individually, as well as with small-group and whole-group instruction.
Click here for Fourth Grade Version
You can see samples of all the task cards in the preview, which include:
• Identify place value (tens and hundreds)
• Round numbers (tens)
• Round numbers (hundreds)
• Round numbers and multiply by single digits (tens)
• Add/Subtract multi-digit numbers and then round (tens)
• Add/Subtract multi-digit numbers and then round (hundreds)
• Add/Subtract, round, then multiply by single digits (tens)
• Plus! 4 Word Problem Cards (estimation)
You will also get:
• Step-by-step guide for rounding whole numbers
• Student answer sheet
• Answer key
• Custom-made place value rulers that line up to the numbers on the task cards
• Cover for labeling your set of task cards
• Page of blank task cards in case you want to add some more of your own!
You have a choice between the color and black + white versions
(which can be copied onto colored paper). And don’t forget the added teacher bonus....
Bonus! FREE TRICK OF THE TRADE:
Place Value Rulers for Whiteboards
Aligned to the following Common Core Standards for Third Grade:
Use place value understanding to round whole numbers to the nearest 10 or 100.
Fluently add and subtract within 1000 using strategies and algorithms based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction.
Multiply one-digit whole numbers by multiples of 10 in the range 10-90 (e.g., 9 × 80, 5 × 60) using strategies based on place value and properties of operations.
Thank you for visiting my store!
Please come again soon!
I’d love to hear from you…
I truly appreciate your feedback--- plus you can earn TpT credit!
Would you like to hear from me?
I don’t mind if you follow me
around… you will be the first to hear about all the new products and sales here at Four-eyes Learning Factory!