Another high-interest text with Common Core-aligned multiple choice questions. Students will enjoy this folktale about a tricky leprechaun while also gaining practice answering questions written to match the rigor of the common core. This is a two-page text with 7 multiple choice questions and 2 short response questions. Please consider purchasing my other St. Patrick's Day text - How To Catch A Leprechaun - as a companion to this one.
**PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TEXT IS WRITTEN AT A MORE ACCESSIBLE LEVEL THAN SOME OF MY OTHER TEXTS. This text would be suitable for readers in grades 3 and 4. For older students, the text may not match the rigor of your grade's common core standards, but students can gain extra practice with CCS-style questions.
Students will be asked to do all of the following and more:
* use the text to answer explicit questions that demonstrate comprehension
* draw conclusions from paragraphs of text
* describe characters' personalities based on their actions
* use context clues to define challenging vocabulary words
* refer back to particular paragraphs to identify information
* summarize the main idea of a text