Are you scrambling for Thanksgiving-themed literacy activities that are aligned to the Common Core ELA standards? Then, look no further! This unit includes 9 activities that cover fluency, comprehension, vocabulary, writing, and more! In this download, you will get not fun, but rigor for your 2nd graders, and relevance to the upcoming holiday! Not just the look, but also the content are Thanksgiving related. You will get:
1. Teacher notes for the unit
2. Author's Purpose sorting center cards with recording sheet and answer key
3. Holiday fiction and non-fiction Main Idea center cards with answer key
4. A Thanksgiving themed Who, What, When, Where, Why, How? story map
5. Thanksgiving writing journal or writing center prompt cards
6. TWO theme writing papers with prompts: "How to Cook a Turkey" and "I Am Thankful For..."
7. Irregular plural noun practice page with Thanksgiving foods
8. A Reader's Theater script for 5 parts called "The Ugly Turkey"
9. A first Thanksgiving story sequencing page
10. TWO multiple meaning word activities - 1 riddle practice page, and 1 file folder partner game.
These activities are ready to print and use! Save yourself time and get your kids moving ahead with the Common Core Reading and Writing standards! Download my preview file for more information. Happy Thanksgiving! --- Kristen Waddell.