“We Love Math” is a fun and engaging Valentine-themed compilation of beginning math skill practice consisting of 8 activities:
- add a < ,>, or = comparing two math facts 1-18
- color by number Valentine pictures featuring addition and subtraction facts 0-18 (3 different pages included)
- 2 digit addition and subtraction with no regrouping, then students color the heart red if the answer is odd or pink if the answer is even.
- 2 differentiated sheets practicing skip counting /number order (labeled 6a for more difficult and 6b for an easier version) cut & glue activity
- missing addend/fact family activity in which students color enough Valentine candy to equal a total of ten pieces in the box, then complete the corresponding fact family.
- numeration and following directions page in which the students eliminate hearts labeled with numbers until one number remains (for younger students the instructions could be read aloud in a directed guided math lesson, while older students could complete the page independently)
- Answer Key included for all activities
Lots of fun, engaging activities ideal for math centers or independent work time! If these materials fit the instructional needs of your students, you may want to take a look at my store, which features lots of K-5th grade products in many subject areas:
Other K-2 products that might fit the instructional needs of your students:
ABC Class Book Writing Template
Sight Word Fluency Practice with Fluency Flyer Super Heroes
Treasure Chest Onset Rime Word Work Literacy Center
Common Core Valentine's Day Kindergarten through 2nd Grade Math Activities
by Amy Bratsos
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License