Want a fun way to assess your students understanding of how to find the volume of rectangular prisms? Look no further. This fun puzzle will get your kids excited about an otherwise dull topic.
Included, you will find 3 sheets.
Directions for students are printed on the first worksheet: Cut out the squares. Complete the puzzle by matching the question side of one square to the side of another square with the correct answer. If a square has a blank side, that side does not have a match. Ignore the letters in the center of the squares for now. Eventually, your teacher will show you how to read the secret message.
The second sheet includes a KEY for you: Start in the top, left corner, and read from left to right moving down each row. The message reads "Every cube counts!"
The third sheet is a 4x4 template to help your students organize the puzzle pieces. When they are sure that the pieces are placed correctly, they can glue or tape the pieces onto the template.
Want more? Check out one of these other fun volume activities:
- This is the best Volume War card game available on TpT! You get 64 colorful cards!
- How are kids supposed to get excited about finding the volume of rectangular prisms with fractional edge lengths? By playing Bingo, that's how!
Volume Voyage station activity
- Want to make volume questions fun and keep your student active? Well let your students "voyage" around the room as part of the Volume Voyage activity!
Volume Color-by-Number Activity
- Complete the problems in each row. Circle the correct answer. Match the problem numbers with the color you circled to create a colorful picture!
Munchy Math Snacks
- Here's an opportunity to let your students incorporate real-life math, food, art, and volume into one activity!
Safe Cracker - Volume
Students can become world famous safe crackers! Your students will use the clues and their math skills to help crack the safes, in order to claim the prizes found inside!