This product contains a 41-page unit plan on Weather and Meteorology. Activities are aligned to the Common Core Standards, and there is at least one activity for each level of Bloom's Taxonomy.
Lesson Length: Eight 50-minute instructional class periods with one additional class for presentations.
- Detailed teacher instructions and supply lists
- A colorful, informational brochure for use throughout the unit
- Weather vs. Climate Illustration and Activity
- Cloud Naming worksheet
- Cloud Identification activity
- Instructions for creating your own weather station from classroom materials
- Accuracy vs. Precision assignment
- Weather Myths homework and classroom activity
- Group decision-making activity on weather emergencies
- Answer keys or Rubrics for all assignments and activities
In addition to the resources included in the packet and basic classroom materials, you will need: small bags of colored candies, calculators, card stock, drinking straws, finishing nails, balloons, glass jars, 1 sheet of foam core, plastic eggs, and a thermometer to complete all the activities. Most of these will go into creating the weather station.
Note: Several of the activities take place outdoors. You will only spend a short time outside for most of the activities, but please plan accordingly.