Also included in
- 40 WEEKS INCLUDED in this meaningful & rigorous weekly reading homework aligned to the 3rd, 4th & 5th grade standards! Are you looking for upper grade weekly reading homework to provide instant reading material and something meaningful to align to your Common Core instruction? See how the E$38.00$48.00Save $10.00
5 WEEKS INCLUDED in this meaningful & rigorous weekly reading homework aligned to the 3rd, 4th & 5th grade standards! Are you looking for homework or reading station resources to assist repeated readings and your Common Core instruction? This time-saving set includes a printable PDF and an EDITABLE PowerPoint file for you to include this fables, folktales & myth unit in your classroom!
- This means your zip file contains the PRINTABLE ready PDF and the EDITABLE PowerPoint to customize however you'd like.
*Homework Cover Sheet (fluency and independent reading log)
*Fable, Folktale or Myth text passage (titled below):
- The Shepherd's Boy (an Aesop's fable)--CCSS focus standard: RL.9
- The Ant and the Grasshopper (an Aesop's fable)--CCSS focus standard: RI.4
- Legend of the Dreamcatcher (based on Native American folklore)--CCSS focus standard: L.5c (synonyms)
- The Sun and the Moon (Filipino folktale)--CCSS focus standard: L.5c (antonyms)
- The Myth of Medusa (Greek Mythology)--CCSS focus standard: RL.9
*Lexile Leveled (labelled at the top of each reading passage)
*Comprehension Questions (10 text-dependent questions -- great for ELA test prep purposes: 5 multiple-choice and 5 short-response questions)
*Reading Skill: ELA Enrichment page (meant to spiral RI, RL and L/W standards aligned to the Common Core State Standards)
If you're looking for more resources like this, check out my YEARLONG bundle!
Please consider purchasing my bundled set for the entire year which provides 40 WEEKS of homework packs at a discounted price with more than $10 in savings.
Materials are licensed for personal use in ONE classroom only. For use in multiple classrooms, please help support my work by purchasing additional licenses.