This 29 page unit is a great way to introduce reasons to write a letter, parts of a letter, parts of an envelope, and lets them create their own letters! After the unit, mail the letters to who the students wrote it for an extra fun bonus! This pack includes:
1. A 10 day easy to follow plan for the teacher
2. Posters for students to remember the different reasons to write a letter along with response sheet.
3. 18 writing prompts for students to practice various types of letter writing with matching "cut and paste" response page.
4. Parts of a letter example
5. 4 sample letters for students to identify the parts of a letter.
6. Parts of an envelope example.
7. Blank parts of an envelope page for students to fill in.
8. Read and response sheets for the different parts of an envelope, including the same, the address, and the return address.
9. A blank letter for students to fill in a practice address, return address, and stamp.
10. A letter writing planning page.
11. Blank letter writing paper.
12. Certificate to give each student after completing the unit.
This unit will help students learn about the letter writing process in a real way. It is a comprehensive and real way for them to practice how to address envelopes and write a letter.
Please FOLLOW ME for me fun products and FREEBIES! Also, subscribe to my blog: www.mtasch.edublogs.org to see our classroom routines, ideas, and fun!