I wanted to incorporate features in this spreadsheet that will save you time and to help you feel confident in knowing exactly where your students are in math relative to the Common Core Standards.
Here are some helpful features:
• Locking window so you can scroll through the document while still being able to see your class list
• A place to record student pre assessment scores—these scores do not affect total mastery score
• Specific math skills aligned with every question on every topic assessment provided with the consumable second grade curriculum (excludes performance assessments)
• Common Core Standards aligned with every question on every topic assessment provided with the consumable second grade curriculum (excludes performance assessments)
• Data entered automatically averages to create a total score for each Common Core Standard
• Three identical worksheets so you can start again each trimester allowing old data to be excluded from current skill mastery. Maybe some of your little kiddos didn’t have it in the first trimester, but they probably will by the end of the year. First trimester data would ultimately bring down their third trimester score.
• … and LOTS of color coding! I’m a visual learner :-) It’s been formatted so you can easily identify intensive, strategic, and benchmark scores.
The system for entering data is super simple. Imagine you gave your students the Topic 1 assessment. Go to Topic one on your worksheet and type in a 1 for each question answered correctly and a 0 for each question answered incorrectly. It will give you a total percent correct on the test automatically and if you scroll across to the STANDARDS, you’ll see their overall performance on each individual standard.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.