Also included in
- Games are a fun way to learn about language and grammar! I have bundled all games and puzzles and will continue to add to this collection, so grab it now for the biggest savings! (New resources added 10/21/22, 11/2/22, 11/12/22, and 11/21/22)Download currently includes 61 puzzle and game resourcesPrice $71.00Original Price $140.75Save $69.75
- Your students will love practicing grammar points and using their investigative skills to solve the puzzles in these fun escape room activities! With these fun and challenging games, your students will build their critical thinking and problem solving skills.Click the PREVIEW link above for a closerPrice $12.00Original Price $14.00Save $2.00
In this fun, all-digital escape room adventure activity, individuals or teams work through puzzles to discover the location of stolen jewels. Challenges include working with common mistakes in writing, such as frequently confused words and common grammar errors. There are also other challenges to encourage critical thinking, problem solving, and following directions! (See information below about tech requirements)
Click the Preview link above for a closer look at this activity!
The challenges involve 5 types of common grammar and writing errors:
- commonly confused / misused words
- apostrophe use
- verb tense problems
- sentence fragments
- run-on sentences
In addition to answering questions about grammar and word use, they will also need to study a cryptic note, an airline ticket, and a menu; put together a jigsaw puzzle; unscramble letters; and more! Some of the puzzles are a bit challenging, so they will need to use their investigative skills to crack the case!
This is intended to be in the spirit of real escape rooms, so they will have to do some out-of-the-box thinking. An incorrect attempt at opening a lock will give them a hint that should get them on the right track. However, there are a couple of challenges where some students may benefit from an additional hint from you. Because of this, you will want to go through it yourself first to be prepared to give them hints if they get stuck. But you will love that these challenges definitely get them thinking!
6/11/21 update: I have now included a second version of the game that is slightly less challenging. The puzzles and activities are the same, but some of the more difficult challenges have extra hints.
If you are new to digital escape rooms, no worries! I have also included a video where I go through each of the steps of the game with explanations for how to assign it to your students and how to work through each lock of the game.
⚠️ IMPORTANT NOTE: This activity is completely digital, and students will need to have access to the following: Google Forms, Google Slides, and Google Maps. Please confirm that your school allows access to these types of documents when they are from outside your school district.
⚠️ If you enjoy using games and puzzles in your classroom, consider purchasing Word Games and Puzzles ENDLESS Bundle and save! It contains a huge collection of seasonal and non-seasonal puzzles and games at a 50% discount. I am continuing to add to it, so grab it now, and download updates as new resources are added!
You might also like:
- Simple, Compound, and Complex Sentences Lesson and Practice
- Grammar and Language Activities Through Text Analysis
- Commonly Confused Words Boom Cards
- Brain Breaks, Ice Breakers and Warm-Up Activities
- Run On Sentences Boom Cards
- Context Clues
- Tense Shift Boom Cards
- Possessive Nouns Task Cards
★★★ Important note to customers! ★★★
If you enjoyed this product, I would be very grateful for your review. It's easy and fast! Plus, you will earn credits to use toward future purchases in any TpT store!
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please post in the question to seller section or email me at the address listed on the downloaded product.
Not sure how to leave a review?
Please go to your My Purchases page. Next to each purchase you'll see a "Leave a Review" link. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
I ❤️ followers! click the FOLLOW ME link to get sale alerts, updates and news about future products. You will also be notified when new products are uploaded, most of which are 50% off for the first 48 hours, so it pays to follow me!
For information on newest products, special sales, and promotions, also follow me on: