Studying affixes is part of building strong morphological understanding of the English language. It is part of building a solid reading foundation.
The Literacy Nest is the decodable text source for a wide variety of text to support your students with a systematic, sequential progression. This resource introduces the 20 most common prefixes in the English language.
UN, RE, IN, IM, IL, (NOT) IR, DIS, EN, EM, NON, IN IM, (IN), OVER, MIS, SUB, PRE, INTER, FORE, DE, TRANS, SUPER, SEMI, ANTI, MID, UNDER
- What is a Prefix? mini poster to display throughout the lesson
- Definition cards with most common prefixes to display in a pocket chart
- Prefix sliders to practice manipulating different root or base words to read with a particular prefix
- Word lists and decodable stories with comprehension questions to introduce new vocabulary and for fluency practice
- Brief comprehension question with each decodable story
- Puzzle pieces for an additional manipulative when reading words with prefixes or as a matching game
- Tree diagrams to search for related words and discuss root or base words
- Mini flip book for students to take notes or add words about each prefix
- Pictures and sentences for illustrating new vocabulary and written expression practice
- Word analysis to introduce new prefixes or as a review
- Guiding questions to have students think critically about affixes, roots, and base words
- Matching for extra practice
- Answer key for matching exercise
- Vocabulary discussion questions for language building, listening, comprehension, and communication
- Matching cards and Roll-a-Prefix games to play as review
- File folder envelopes for creating prefix file folders
This product is included in the Complete O.G. Part Two.
Try decodable reading passages for free! S
Introduce your students to more for additional practice.
Need more Virtual Learning Activities? Browse the Dof my store.
Check out more O!
--About The Literacy Nest, LLC--
The Literacy Nest, LLC creates multisensory activities to use with reading intervention for struggling readers. Many of these dyslexia resources can be used as dyslexia activities, dyslexia strategies, or to support an Orton-Gillingham program or dyslexia intervention program. These Orton-Gillingham activities can be used in 1:1 support, small group, or even whole class settings. Thank you for checking my store for Orton-Gillingham based resources! Follow my store by clicking the green star next to my name so you don’t miss out on any new products, freebies, or sales!
Please leave feedback on your purchases to obtain credits for future purchases. Don’t hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns before rating products.
Thank you so much for choosing The Literacy Nest, LLC for your classroom and homeschooling needs!