This mini unit has students working on finding a common theme between print and nonprint texts. Working with a fictional story, students then have choices of articles, TedTalks, and/or commercials to explore a common theme related to GENDER and GENDER EXPECTATIONS.
The materials can be used in print and distribute, or uploaded to a Google Drive for easy digital access! Different file formats are also included to ensure ease of use for whichever preferred method of delivery.
**For your convenience, every Resource has been Supplied in PDF (Print) and Digital Form (to use as a Word file or upload to Google Drive)**
1. DETAILED teacher instructions!
2. A multi-day unit exploring different texts with supplemental multimedia resources and questions!
3. Group activities for finding theme and text evidence, with instructions for discussion and finding a consensus!
4. A variety of organizers for structured peer feedback on a common theme, different themes, and/or text evidence to support answers.
5. Resources for teachers to track student selected texts, assign texts, or have students sign up for texts!
6. Brainstorming and notetaking organizers to get ready to write!
7. Direct links to the texts through Commonlit, TedTalk, and Youtube!
8. 2 Writing Prompts! A single theme in a text and comparing across texts!
9. A rubric for easy grading!
10. 2 BONUS materials: a transitional phrases handout and sentence frames!
This easy unit can be easily modified for teachers to use with any age level, and in a variety of digital or print formats!
Just download to your computer and go!! Or download the folder and add to your Google Drive!