This Unit is a combination of three Lesson Activities:
The First is a practical approach to involving students in learning. It involves students, by having them play the role of an Epidemiologist who needs to find the source of a disease breakout and establish a solution to stop the spread of the disease. Students love this exercise because it applies required book learning in an interesting and practical manner.
The Second is a Crossword Puzzle exercise. This is usually offered for free with the First unit.
The Third is an activity that offers students an opportunity to differentiate various bug bites, bugs, communicable and non-communicable diseases. It is a different way to end a communicable / non-communicable disease unit.
Communicable Disease Activity:
1. Communicable Disease Activity Marketing Overview
2. Lesson Plan 1 – I am an Epidemiologist / How Germs are Spread Activity
3. Student Learning Activity -- I am an Epidemiologist / How Germs are Spread Activity
4. Student Learning Activity Example with added information
5. Teacher Answers – I am an Epidemiologist / How Germs are Spread Activity
Communicable Disease Crossword Puzzle:
B1. Student Worksheet -- Communicable Disease Crossword Puzzle Template
B2. Communicable Disease Word Bank (Potential answers)
B3. Teacher Answers to Communicable Disease Crossword Puzzle
Name That Disease Activity:
1. Name That Disease Activity Marketing Overview
2. Lesson Plan -- Name That Disease
3. Student Worksheet -- Name That Disease Study Card
4. Modified Student Worksheet -- Name That Disease Study Card
5. Teacher Answers -- Name That Disease Study Card
Thank you for checking out my lesson plan. If you purchase one of my lesson plans, bundles or units, please help me to maintain quality and excellence in my products by offering comments and ratings. I read all comments and find that they are beneficial for me to see what is working and where some change might help me create an improved product. Have a great day.
CHECK OUT our blog: http://thehealthymindcurriculum.com/the-healthy-mind/ for teaching ideas, and freebies.
Janet – The Healthy Mind Curriculum