Because Science Should be a Part of Every Student's Life...
Follow the steps to an exciting Activity that your students will LOVE!
1. Type the message “Today Recess is longer” into the Morse Code Simulator and play it several times for your students.
2. Explain to the students that the Simulator is using sound to send them a real message.
3. Explain that Morse Code Uses short and long sounds to represent letters of the alphabet and have them look at the code key.
4. Using the key and the first worksheet activity, have the students figure out the message that was sent to them with sound. Remind them to keep it a secret until all students have figured it out. We wouldn’t want to ruin the surprise for anyone. (Adding a few minutes to your next recess would be a great reward for successfully completing this activity).
5. Now have the students write their own message to be played in sound using the second worksheet.
6. Once the code for the sound message is compete, enter the message “Science is fun” into the Morse Code Simulator so that students can hear the message they created.
Activity aligns with Next Generation Science Standard 1-PS4-4.