PLEASE CLICK PREVIEW FOR A REAL LIFE PHOTO EXAMPLE!
• Included in the download are 69 pages of communication cards to help facilitate student communication, behavior, and on-task directions.
• All that is needed to complete the cards is to print the sheets, laminate, cut, and use adhesive hook and loop dots.
• The download includes full size communication cards and a miniature version of the communication cards. This allows for flexibility in presenting the communication cards to the student.
- The full size can be used at the student's desk
- The mini cards can be used on the go, such as attached to a book bag, lunch box, or easily carried.
• All of the sheets do not have to be used! Use what works for you and your students! Many different sheets are included to help facilitate communication.
• Three major types of communication books can be created:
1. A feelings book (My Feelings)
2. On task directions (I'm Working)
3. Behavior (Calm Down)
1. My Feelings:
• The “My Feelings” sheets can be used to create a 9 page full size book or a 12 page miniature book to help the student express how he or she is feeling.
• The student picks cards to describe how they are feeling, such as happy, bored, confused, hot, cold, etc. There are 25 different feelings cards with additional blank cards to create your own.
• The cards can be used when a student is having a hard time expressing how he or she is feeling. The student can pick a card to express how he or she is feeling and then place the card in the appropriate box.
• Different sheets are included to show one feeling, multiple feelings, or how the student felt before and now.
- The sheets include:
* “I Feel” cover sheet
* “I Feel…” sheet (for 1 choice)
* “I Feel… and…” sheet (for 2 choices)
* “I Feel… and… and….” sheet (for 3 choices)
* “Before I felt… Now I feel…” sheet (to describe how the student felt before and how the student feels now)
* “Color Cards” sheet (used to describe feelings in color ranges of yellow, green, or red). This can be used to help the "out of sync" child to utilize the color method to describe how they are feeling or it can also be used in a more behavior way.
* Three “I Feel Choice Cards” sheets (to display the feeling choice pieces)
2. I'm Working:
• The “I'm Working” communication sheets can be used to create a 7 page full size book or a 12 page miniature book to help keep the student on task and working appropriately at school.
• These sheets are used to reward the student for completing school assignments, to display a reminder to the student how to act appropriately at school, to display a reminder to the student how to act appropriately at his or her desk, and sheets to allow the students to have a visual reminder of how many breaks the student may take during the school day.
- The sheets include:
* “I’m Working For…” sheet with 3 tasks (The student picks a reward that he or she may get after completing 3 school tasks. Once a task is complete, the student pulls I’m working task card 1, followed by 2, then 3. Once all 3 tasks are complete, the student then gets to complete the reward that he or she chose before starting work.
• Included are 20 rewards card choices, such as listening to music, outside time, iPad time, etc. with additional blank cards to create your own.
* “I’m Working For…” sheet with 5 tasks (Same as above, except the student must complete 5 tasks before receiving a reward.)
* “Reward Choices” sheet (to display possible reward choices the student can chose from)
* “In school I… At My Desk I Am…” sheet (a sheet to visually display how the student should act at school and at his or her desk, included blank cards to create your own.)
* “I Get Five Breaks” sheet (The student pulls a break card every time he or she needs a break. The student can visualize that 5 breaks are allowed during the school day or period, etc.).
* “I Get Three Breaks” Sheet (Same as above, except only 3 breaks.)
3. Calm Down:
• The “Calm Down” sheets can be used to create a 7 page full size book or a 9 page miniature book to help with student behavior, getting the student to calm down when necessary, and to redirect behavior.
• The sheets include:
* “When I Am Upset, I Will Take 5 Deep Breaths” sheet (The student pulls a breathe card 5 times to visually remind the student to take 5 deep breaths when upset.)
* “5, 4, 3, 2, 1… STOP” sheet (To visually remind the student when to be redirected to a different activity or to stop a current behavior.)
* “When I’m Upset I Can…” sheet (This sheet includes different choice cards the student can pull when he or she is upset to redirect the student to a more appropriate behavior and to calm down. Included are 20 choice cards the student can complete when upset plus blank cards to create your own.)
* “I’m Upset I Need To…” sheet (For the student to place the chosen card in the correct box).