Build comprehension using these 6 nonfiction short passages about ways people communicate, each featuring informational text and 4 multiple-choice questions on one page. Paragraph topics include Egyptian hieroglyphics, Braille, the finger alphabet and sign language for the deaf, the telegraph and telephone, the printing press, and the origins of language. The questions cover a variety of reading skills and are modeled after the types of questions on standardized reading tests. I'm also including a free poster of the fingerspelling alphabet because students are always so interested in it. Great way to integrate reading and social studies!
CLICK HERE to get THIS RESOURCE as part of a money-saving BUNDLE of 180 passages!
Readability is in the 4th-upper 5th grade range. Please check the preview to help you determine whether or not they would be suitable for your students. 3rd graders can do these with teacher guidance and support. You can purchase with confidence, as I have 32 years of experience in preparing upper elementary students for standardized reading testing!
Here is what you get with this resource:
• Between the Lines informational text and questions (1 page)
• Expression Evolution informational text and questions (1 page)
• Fingers Do the Talking informational text and questions (1 page)
• American Fingerspelling Alphabet printable (1 page)
• Impressive Printing informational text and questions (1 page)
• Touch and Know informational text and questions (1 page)
• Write Like an Egyptian informational text and questions (1 page)
• Answer Key (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
These passages have fun titles! As an added critical thinking BONUS, have students explain why they think the title of each reading passage was chosen.
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► Check out engaging Reading Passages
both long and short.
► Click on the ★ to follow me for updates about new products, sales info & more!