Communities | 1st or 2nd Grade Social Studies Unit | Helpers, Types, Places
Products in this Bundle (5)
Spruce up your 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade social studies unit with these community activities! This all inclusive unit will cover types of communities, community helpers, community places, goods and services and renewable vs nonrenewable resources.
Students Will Learn:
- About 3 types of communities (urban, rural and suburban)
- What type of community they live in
- Goods vs services
- Renewable vs nonrenewable resources
- Community helpers: police officers, firefighters, construction workers, doctors, teachers, farmers, and mailmen
- Community places: hospitals, schools, banks, autoshops, firehouse, police station, post office and stores
- Teaching Guide (4 weeks of plans!)
- Book and video research suggestions
- Picture Examples
- 4 Essential Questions
- 5 Learning Targets
- 11 Vocabulary Cards
- Communities Brochure / Graphic Organizer
- 7 Community Helpers Flip Books
- 8 Community Places Crafts and Activities
- Answer Keys
Please note that leveled readers are NOT included. Links to FREE books and videos online are embedded in the resource.
Looking for Other Science and Social Studies Projects?
- Biography Project
- Life Science Unit: Plants, Animals and Habitats
- Solar System Project
- Earth Day Writing
- Animal Habitat Research Project
You can also connect with me for first access to my resources, giveaways and FREEBIES via: Email | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Teachers Pay Teachers
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.