This project was created as a “Communities Reader” for students. It explores all the topics included in the content competencies of the new BC Curriculum. It was designed to be used for “just right” take-home reading or classroom reading on each topic. It could be combined in one complete volume or in 10 separate booklets. Attach a class list in each booklet for students to record when they have completed the section. It can also be used for the teacher to read and discuss to the class as a springboard to each topic.
144 pages for the grade 1 or 1/2 classroom.
The 10 Section Titles are:
1 People in Communities Help Each Other
2 The Community Park
3 Community Garden
4 Water in Communities
5 We are Different We are the Same
6 Community Events
7 Community Places
8 Community Leaders
9 First Communities
10 Rural and Urban Communities
Each section includes:
Word List Page:
• sight word and repeated theme word lists—one page
• sight words include Dolch words and high frequency words used in each section
• theme words are high frequency words related to the theme of the section
• one or two (and sometimes three) pages of a simpler and more highly repetitive version of the longer version that follows (intended for differentiated learning or an introduction to the topic)
• pages of “just right” reading on the topic
• clean look, well spaced, larger font size, picture on each page
Questions for Discussion:
• questions on topic and questions to act as springboards to further discussions
• to be read by a parent or the teacher
If you like this product you may also like:
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Thank-you for your purchase! If you wish to leave feedback, I appreciate it.
I love designing, creating, building, educating!
Copyright © Bonnie Lanigan
Thank you for abiding by the widely accepted codes of professional ethics
while using this product.