This 10 page mini-unit contains 5 activities to do with your class when learning about communities in social studies. There is a table of contents with detailed ideas and suggestions for implementing the activities in your classroom.
Activities in this Mini-Unit:
1. Narrative Writing Piece about students' favorite memories in their community
2. Brief Research Assignment for students to learn more about their community, versions for individual and partners
3. Rights and Responsibilities of Citizens Worksheet and Answer Key
4. Goods and Services lesson idea with Worksheet to assess understanding
5. Design a Community cumulative project- instruction sheet, brainstorming web, and map design page with key.
Two ELA Literacy Common Core Standards are addressed in the unit in addition to your local/state social studies standards:
Lessons by Leah