Community Vocabulary Trading cards and Word Wall! Make studying community vocabulary FUN! *Use these whole group, in literacy centers, with partners, or individually. This is a set of 12 community vocabulary cards that make a great addition to a primary unit on communities. I originally created them to look like trading cards for my ELL students and soon found that all of my students LOVE using them! Along with the individual cards for students I’ve included an enlarged set of the cards that can be posted in your classroom on a community bulletin board or word wall.
This Community Vocabulary Set includes:
• 12 community vocabulary cards with the word and picture to represent it on the front. The back includes a definition as well as the word used in a sentence and a synonym for the word.
• The same 12 community vocabulary cards with the words on them but blank spaces for students to draw their own picture/symbol to remember the word and room to write their own definitions and sentences on the back.
• 4 blank cards that the students and teacher can use to add more community terms to as they come across them in their studies.
• A template for a labeled box that students can cut out, write their name on and color to store their community cards in.
• A list of ways you can use these community vocabulary flashcards/trading cards with your students that is based on Robert Marzano’s “Six Steps to Better Vocabulary Instruction”. This list helps me because I can show parents, administrators, other teachers, etc. that I’m using research-based methods in my classroom.
• An enlarged set of the cards that can be posted in your classroom on a community bulletin board or word wall.
• A 24-question vocabulary quiz to go along with the cards. The quiz uses each word twice. Half of the quiz is fill in the blank and the other half is matching. Both sides of the quiz include a word box for students to choose from. An answer key is also included.
• Trading Card Manual: 15 pages of tips and ideas on how to use these trading cards in your class.
I print these community vocabulary cards out double sided on card stock so they look and feel like real trading cards but they work just as well on regular paper.
The 12 community words included in this set of cards are:
Here are some related products:
Community Vocabulary Cards and Quiz
Community Vocabulary Word Wall
Check out my other SOCIAL STUDIES
Thank you for looking and be sure to check out the other fun vocabulary cards and games in my store
Community Vocabulary Cards and Word Wall
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License