Community & Citizenship Social Studies Unit = 20 Activities!!
Aligned with K-2 social studies standards but can be used for older children and ELA as well!
This huge pack contains everything you need to teach young students about community, citizenship and culture!
In this complete unit teaches EVERY communities & citizenship standard: Students learn about community helpers, community places, what it means to be a good citizen, the importance of rules, good citizenship in stories and history, importance of cultural diversity, and more!
All of the activities are graphic organizers perfect for interactive notebooks, guided practice, mini lessons, group projects, writing activities or independent practice.
Simply print, project and teach. These are easy-to-follow graphic organizers for students to fill in together or independently. The only pre-filled in activities are "Good Citizens in History Reading Comprehension" & "Community Helpers in Colonial Times." The rest of the activities students can easily use prior knowledge and engaging group brainstorms to complete their own graphic organizers!
Packet includes (PDF & WORD DOCUMENT (editable):
- Importance of Home & School Rules
- Importance of Community & Country Rules
- Being a Good Citizen
- Traits of a Good Citizen #1
- Good Citizens in Stories #1
- Good Citizens in History Reading Comprehension
- Good Citizens in History Analysis 1
- Good Citizens in History Analysis 2
- Consequences for not being a good citizen
- Traits of a Good Citizen #2
- Good Citizens in Stories #2
- Community Helpers #1
- Community Helpers #2
- Community Helpers in Colonial Times
- Community Places #1
- Community Places #2
- Family and Community Culture
- Community Culture: Similarities & Differences
- Traditions: Similarities & Differences
- Benefits & Challenges of Diversity
This Product is Aligned with Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd Grade Social Studies / History Standards for the State of California, which are also aligned with the official socialstudies.org standards and the Department of Defense Education Standards (below):
- California State Standards for Social Studies
- Department of Defense (dodea) Standards for Social Studies
- Socialstudies.org Standards for Social Studies
**YOU MAY ALSO LIKE**
ELA Print and Go Lesson Plans
ELA Task Cards
Culturally Relevant ELA Lessons
Emotional Intelligence SEL Curriculum
Social Justice & Global Citizenship Curriculum
Poetry Lessons & Units
Writing & Grammar Units
Holiday Print and Go Lesson Plans
Social Studies Lessons & Units
ELA Rubrics and Assessments
Differentiation & SpEd Professional Development
VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR TEACHING RESOURCES & TIPS