This is an inquiry based project booklet for grade 6 Social Studies. This booklet can be done in-class or at home assignment. This covers the whole Communities in Canada. This booklet questions and watch videos. Everything is laid out step by step for the students to easily fallow with thought provoking question and videos to watch, activities and projects along the way. You can easily stretch this booklet out for 2 months. You can also use it as an addition or alongside other lessons being taught in class.
The topics covered in this inquiry unit are:
• Map of Canada
• Canada’s provinces and Territories
• Canadian Identity
• Canadian Symbols
• Canadian Values and Beliefs
• Founding Nations and their influence
• The Legacy of the residential school system in Canada
• Coming to Canada0 The Story
• Communities in Canada
• Coat of Arms
• Economic Communities in Canada
Check out my other Grade 5 and 6 Science and Social Studies units!