Also included in
- Resource Description:This bundle includes self-directed project-based learning experiences around the theme of health. Two of the projects are classic self-directed project-based learning experiences (epidemics and diseases), and two of the resources are community action projects, which are PBL wit$16.00$20.00Save $4.00
- Resource Description:This bundle includes a large number of project-based learning activity resources Experiential Learning Depot. Each PBL learning experience meets a variety of skill levels. Some are for beginner project-based learning high school and others are for those that are more experienced$94.15$135.00Save $40.85
Students will explore community issues related to nutrition using a student-directed, project-based approach to learning. This resource is a combination of PBL, problem-based learning, and service-learning.
Each student or small group will identify specific issues associated with nutrition in the local or global community. Students make a series of choices from project topics to project design and execution. Students do all of this seamlessly with your guidance and the materials included in this resource.
Projects should be expected to take anywhere from 2-6 weeks. The range is wide because it depends on how much classroom time you dedicate to the projects, which brainstorming activities you implement, skill level, age level, etc.
Note: This resource includes a printable and digital (Google Slides) option. The PDF is not editable at this time, but the Google Slides digital version offers more editing flexibility to fit your needs.
- Teacher guide
- Project topic brainstorming activities
- Supplemental materials for topic brainstorming activities
- Two project proposals (1 - research the issue, 2- take action)
- Exploring solutions brainstorming guide
- Rubric 1: teacher-created rubric for project part 1 - researching the issue
- Rubric 2: student-generated rubric template for project part 2 - taking action
- Category and levels of mastery word banks for student-generated rubrics
- Daily check-in form
- Project reflection guide sheet
If you like this resource, take a look at these as well:
- Current Events: Project-Based Learning
- Diseases/Illnesses: Project-Based Learning
- 21st-Century Skills Portfolio
Take a look at these FREE teacher tools to help implement project-based learning:
Relevant Blog Posts:
- Four Ways Students Can Take Actions in their Communities Today
- How to Implement High School Community Action Projects
Interested in new resource alerts, freebies, tips, tricks, and more?
- Click the green star to get email notifications about updates, new resources, sales, and freebies.
- Join my newsletter.
- Find me on my blog – Experiential Learning Depot
- Let's get social! Experiential Learning Depot on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.
- Join my experiential learning Facebook Group for experiential support and free experiential training
Earn TPT Credits:
Follow Experiential Learning Depot and earn TpT credits by giving feedback on this product. A sincere thank you for your business. Feel free to contact me through email at any time with questions on this product - firstname.lastname@example.org
Credits: Cover Fonts - Siwox Studios