Also included in
- Resource description: This experiential learning bundle includes a variety of activities to teach 21st century skills including a self-directed project-based learning activities tool kit, scientific inquiry templates, a problem-based learning tool kit, maker templates that guide students through the$33.60$42.00Save $8.40
- Are you looking for experiential projects or experiential learning activities but aren't sure how to facilitate experiential learning in your classroom, don't have time to create guiding resources, or simply don't know where to begin? This experiential learning starter kit is a bundle of tool kits d$37.60$48.00Save $10.40
This community action project tool kit for self directed learners guides students through student-led project-based learning, service-learning, and problem-based learning, all in one with little prep and no planning or creating on your part.
A community action project asks students to deeply explore one issue or problem in the community (locally, nationally, or globally), a problem that they identify through research, questioning, and observation. Students brainstorm solutions to the issue or problem, develop a plan of action, and act! Their goal is to make a positive, long-term impact on the community. This product includes all of the guiding materials necessary to accomplish such an important learning experience.
Community action projects could easily be aligned to standards and incorporated into a specific subject, or they could be the entire course. Projects should be expected to take anywhere from 4-6 weeks. The range depends on how much classroom time you dedicate to the projects, how many projects students have going on at one time, which brainstorming activities you implement, skill level, age level, etc.
This resource is Google Apps™ compatible. It includes a printable AND digital version. The digital version can be assigned to students via Google Classroom™ where students can add and share their content with you. No printing isnecessary.
Note: The PDF is NOT editable. The digital version of this resource is more flexible.
"I adapted this resource to be used with 7th and 8th grade in a hybrid model. They were tasked with a community action project, and this bundle saved me a great deal of time in creating proposals, check-in forms, etc. Can't wait to use again!" - Erin G.
1) Project introduction Google Presentation
3) Project topic brainstorming activities
4) Brainstorming activity supplemental materials
5) Two project proposal templates (1 - research the issue, 2- take action)
6) Exploring solutions activity
7) Rubric 1: teacher-created rubric for project part 1 - researching the issue
8) Rubric 2: student-created rubric template for project part 2 - taking action
9) Category and levels of mastery word banks for student-generated rubrics
10) Daily check-in form
11) Project reflection guide sheet
If you love this resource check out these other great products as well:
Take a look at these FREE teacher tools to help implement project-based learning:
- Project-Based Learning Teacher Planner
- Learning Outcomes Portfolio
- Experiential Learning Video Training
Try these blog posts for tips and guidance implementing community action projects:
- How to Facilitate Student-Led Community Action Projects
- Four Ways that Students Can Take Action in Their Communities
Interested in new resource alerts, freebies, tips, tricks, and more?
- Click the green star for new resource alerts
- Instagram, Pinterest, & Facebook.
- Experiential Learning Facebook Group
Earn TPT Credits:
Follow Experiential Learning Depot and earn TpT credits by giving feedback on this product. A sincere thank you for your business. Feel free to contact me through email at any time with questions on this product - firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover Font Credit: Mr. FISK Fonts