Also included in
- Are you looking for real-world problem solving activities for teens without sacrificing your own time to pull materials together? If so, this problem based learning curriculum tool kits bundle is for you!This bundle engages students in real-world problem solving with problem-based learning tool kits$12.80$16.00Save $3.20
- Are you looking for open-ended homeschool or classroom experiential learning activity resources for any and all subjects or targets? Or maybe you're interested in adding experiential learning activities to your classroom or homeschool curriculum but aren't sure how to facilitate it, don't have time$44.00$55.00Save $11.00
- Teaching 21st-century skills doesn't have to be an extra task. What if your students could learn content and develop 21st century skills at the same time without you having to overthink it or over plan? This resource is a bundle of 21st century skills learning activity tool kits that organically inc$39.20$49.00Save $9.80
Are you interested in and inspired by community action projects but you're not sure how to approach it in a way where students can work independently smoothly and seamlessly? Do you want community action projects but do not have the time to develop guiding materials for your students? This tool kit is your golden ticket!
This community action project tool kit for self directed learners guides students through student-led project-based learning, service-learning, and problem-based learning all in one with little prep and no planning or creating on your part.
A community action project asks students to deeply explore one issue or problem in the community (locally, nationally, or globally), a problem that they identify through research, questioning, and observation. Students brainstorm solutions to the issue or problem, develop a plan of action, and act! Their goal is to make a positive, long-term impact on the community. This product includes all of the guiding materials necessary to accomplish such an important learning experience.
Community action projects could easily be aligned to standards and incorporated into a specific subject, or they could be the entire course. Projects should be expected to take anywhere from 4-6 weeks. The range depends on how much classroom time you dedicate to the projects, how many projects students have going on at one time, which brainstorming activities you implement, skill level, age level, etc.
This resource is Google Apps™ compatible. It includes a printable AND digital version. The digital version can be assigned to students via Google Classroom™ where students can add and share their content with you. No printing is necessary.
Note: The PDF is NOT editable. The digital version of this resource is more flexible.
"I adapted this resource to be used with 7th and 8th grade in a hybrid model. They were tasked with a community action project, and this bundle saved me a great deal of time in creating proposals, check-in forms, etc. Can't wait to use again!" - Erin G.
1) Project introduction Google Presentation
3) Project topic brainstorming activities
4) Brainstorming activity supplemental materials
5) Two project proposal templates (1 - research the issue, 2- take action)
6) Exploring solutions activity
7) Rubric 1: teacher-created rubric for project part 1 - researching the issue
8) Rubric 2: student-created rubric template for project part 2 - taking action
9) Category and levels of mastery word banks for student-generated rubrics
10) Daily check-in form
11) Project reflection guide sheet
If you love this resource check out these other great products as well:
Take a look at these FREE teacher tools to help implement project-based learning:
- Experiential Learning Activity Tools Free Mini-Bundle - this bundle includes a community action project spreadsheet to help manage student projects
- Learning Outcomes Portfolio
Try these blog posts for tips and guidance implementing community action projects:
- How to Facilitate Student-Led Community Action Projects
- Four Ways that Students Can Take Action in Their Communities
Interested in new resource alerts, freebies, tips, tricks, and more?
- Click the green star for new resource alerts
- Instagram, Pinterest, & Facebook.
- Experiential Learning Facebook Group
Earn TPT Credits:
Follow Experiential Learning Depot and earn TpT credits by giving feedback on this product. A sincere thank you for your business. Feel free to contact me through email at any time with questions on this product - email@example.com
Cover Font Credit: Mr. FISK Fonts