Community based instruction is so important for special education students, but these trips can put fear into the heart of the best life skills teacher. This fast food unit will bring you from planning to the execution of a successful community trip.
I've included everything including teacher notes, troubleshooting, sample IEP goals, editable documentation, trip visuals, schedules, and visual menus. I had my share of tough trips with my students with autism, even to fast food places which should be highly reinforcing!
If you also want to practice in your classroom
, you need my Community Based Instruction: Fast Food BUNDLE
which includes everything below along with 41 pages of life skills worksheets including dollar up, reading a receipt, finding restaurant information, do you have enough and many others.
This unit will help you find success in your community trips with the materials I created after much trial and error.
• CBI overview, considerations, suggestions and troubleshooting (7 pages)
• You’ll survive – “My students did that too”
• Dealing with community members
• Notes about how to use materials (9 pages)
• Planning sheet (1 printable, 1 editable)
• Parent letter (editable)
• Sample goals
• Documentation (1 printable, 1 editable)
• Packing lists (editable)
• Cheat sheet (editable)
• Photo and name cards (editable)
• Social narrative book (4 pages)
• One page social narrative
• Schedule cards and keyring visuals
• Green/Red schedule
• One page visual menu
• File folder visual menu
• Mini social narratives (3 pages)
• Bus rules
• Bus icons and match point (2 pages)
• Post trip worksheet
• Receipt activity
If you don't currently go into the community,
you can still practice in your classroom with these worksheets. Find them here
. But let's talk. What's holding you back from going into the community!? I can help - send me a message in my Q&A!
This file is zipped for ease of organization.
Stay up to date!
Click here to follow my store and be the first to know about new product releases.
Thanks for stopping by!