In Community Building Activities, by the2teachers, you will get a huge resource that will take you from the first days of school straight to the end of the year. This document is 177 pages long!
*Featured on TpT's blog.
Community Building Activities help develop community and foster a safe environment where students feel comfortable and encouraged to take the necessary risks to find academic, social and emotional success while at school. Every classroom should be engaged in ongoing Community Building Activities throughout the year.
The Community Building Activities in this product include a combination of discussions, art, music, movement and writing. Students work independently, in small groups and in whole group. Although social skills, such as, respect, kindness, acceptance, encouragement, caring, compassion are not directly taught - they are embedded in every lesson. It is very important to follow-up lessons with reflection and discussion to assist students in growing their sense of community.
Included are 40 community building activities. Each activity has:
- 1 direction page
- 1 hands-on activity page OR discussion suggestions (depends on the activity)
- 1 reflection page
- 1 note home to encourage home-school connection.
You will also get a letter home, to introduce community building activities to parents/guardians. A list of materials needed by lesson (limited materials are needed and most are readily available at school or can be found inexpensively). Individual title cards to post as activities are done as a reference throughout the year.
Make sure you click on the preview to see a SAMPLE of this product.
Table of Contents
1. Find Someone - finding peers with similarities - fill-in the chart
2. 3 Truths & 1 Lie - writing & discussion "get to know you" game
3. That's Me! - "get to know you" game, finding similarities
4. Move the Balloon - small group, cooperative game
5. Hot Lava - small group, cooperative trust game
6. Build the Tallest, pt. 1 - small group, cooperative craft stick game
7. Build the Tallest, pt. 2 - small group, cooperative pipe cleaner game
8. Build the Tallest, pt. 3 - variation of game #7 with added teamwork
9. Lift the Broom - small group, cooperation and teamwork
10. Barnyard Talk - movement, observation game
11. Hot Potato Share - whole group, "get to know you"
12. Detectives - deductive reasoning, movement, teamwork
13. Jump the Line - "get to know you", finding similarities, movement
14. Zoo Talk - movement, observation game
15. Alphabet Animals - whole group, listening, teamwork game
16. Alphabet Foods - whole group, listening, teamwork game
17. Alphabet Places - whole group, listening, teamwork game
18. Survival, pt. 1 - small group, strategy, cooperation
19. Survival, pt. 2 - small group, strategy, cooperation
20. Found Sounds - music, teamwork, performance, movement
21. Creation Station - art, discussion, listening
22. Extra, Extra - teamwork, listening, cooperation
23. Going to Sea - teamwork, listening, cooperation, music
24. Riddle Me - "get to know you", finding similarities
25. Spider Web - cooperation, teamwork, problem solving, movement
26. Acrostic with a Twist - writing, descriptive
27. Hole in One - teamwork, cooperation, small group work
28. Cat and Mouse - whole group game, observation skills
29. Frogs on Logs - whole group game, "get to know you", movement
30. Partner Interview - writing, finding similarities, "get to know you"
31. Going on a Trip - whole group, listening, teamwork, art
32. Time Capsule - whole group, listening, art
33. If I Could Go - writing, "get to know you", art
34. Four Seasons - finding similarities, art, "get to know you"
35. Birds and Worms - cooperative game, movement, teamwork
36. Cloudy Imagination - partner activity, art, finding similarities
37. Me in Disguise - art, "get to know you", teamwork
38. It's Me - movement, "get to know you"
39. Copycats - movement, partner work
40. Musical March - movement, music
OTHER PRODUCTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Community Building Bundle - 6 full products
- 200 Questions-of-the-Day
- 40 Community Building Activities - Featured on TpT's Blog
- Community Building Through Find Someone Boards
- Community Building Through a Year of Glyphs
- Community Building Through Get Up and Move
- Community Building Through Quadrants
- Goodie Bag Toppers
Don't miss the opportunity to be among the first TpT customers to know about new the2teachers products and sales. Simply click the green star under our store name to become a follower!
All rights reserved. The original buyer has permission for single classroom use.