Also included in
- Character Education and Social Skills are essential in today's classroom whether it is virtual or in person. Our students need to be taught these skills daily in order to succeed in the classroom and out in the world. Included in this bundle are 4 Units to help you get started on this journey. Teach$8.80$11.00Save $2.20
- Teaching Social Skills and Character Education with your students is often times more important then the educational piece. These are essential life skills! Many parents and teachers forget to teach this part. A class that lacks character and social skills will have a difficult time during the schoo$13.60$17.00Save $3.40
This unit focuses on building the community inside your classroom. We are with these kids all year and it needs to be a safe environment for them to grow.
This Community Building Unit uses Character Education and social skills to build classroom connection, team work, character and community with your students virtually and in person learning. A class that lacks character and social skills will have a difficult time during the school year learning anything. I spend a considerable amount of time each year teaching social skills. This first unit bonds the class together as a family unit.
This unit includes activities to help your students make friends, get to know each other better and connect with others.
This Back to School Connecting Unit has 6 Step by Step lessons, Discussion prompts and questions, activities, group work, and interactive lessons that work for virtual learning and in class learning. It is designed for your students to gain a better understanding of what it means “to be connected” to each other. At the end is an art project that the class does together. This is the first of a series on Character Education.
- 9 Days of Activities
- Over 6 Lessons that are on getting to know you and connecting with classmates. They help students make new friends.
- Virtual Meeting Activities Included as well
- Get to Know you Activities
- Community Building Art Activity and Final Project
- Detailed Discussion Tips and Questions
- How to do Morning Meetings E-Book aka Family Meeting Guide
- Posters (In color and black and white)
- Optional worksheets to go with the lessons
- Community Building Activities and Lessons
- Differentiated Activities
- Digital Activity Pages
Stay tuned for the next ones coming soon on Self Respect, Encouraging, Trusting and more.
Using Character Education will help your class connect better, there will be less arguing, less bullying, and an opportunity to get more work done. You as the teacher have more time to spend teaching and less time as a referee. It also helps as a teacher to have more energy later because less is spent on behavior. My classes seem to blend together easier using these character building lessons.
Included in the unit is an E-Book on Family Meetings, aka Morning Meetings. When you are a class for 10 ½ months, you become a family. Families talk to each other and listen to each other. Family Meetings are a time where students and the teacher come together and make decisions, choices and talk about difficult issues together. These “Conflict Resolution" lessons are designed to be done within the Family Meeting environment, but can also be taught as a lesson.
Please look at the Preview to gain a better idea.
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love FEEDBACK!
As always, please contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Special Treat Friday, Heather McKinsey