Community Circle Questions | Grades 5 6 7 | Full Year Prompts | Back to School
- Google Drive™ folder
What educators are saying
Why is starting your day with an academic circle right for your grades 5, 6 and 7 students? The answer…The 4 C’s: Community, Communication, Collaboration and Curriculum. Curriculum such as reading comprehension, number sense and financial literacy, writing, media, oral language, science and social studies discussion about global issues, etc. are all covered WHILE building a sense of community and connection with your students.
A strongly connected classroom is what we all want. However, as the year goes on, it is hard to keep up with social circles, as the heavy amount of curriculum takes over.
My social AND academic circles not only allow students to build on community, they simultaneously work on a variety of academic and life skills, making them an essential part of your everyday routine ALL YEAR!
It is never too late to start with this daily routine in your middle school classroom!
- Quotes for character building and reading comprehension
- Number Talk Tuesdays with social emotional learning (SEL), financial literacy discussions and collaborative problem solving
- Collaborative brainstorming and discussions for academic topics
- Critical thinking reading, writing and media response practice
- Read alouds with discussion prompts
- Plus: Cultural reflections, perspective, global issues, media, success criteria building, mindfulness, goal setting, celebrations, and SO MUCH MORE!
- Ideas and tips for implementation
- 10+ FREE resource links related to academic prompts (see preview for more details)
- Lesson ideas
- Links to read alouds and commercials for analyzing
Prompts allow for many assessment opportunities (diagnostic, formative and summative) as well as student differentiation.
FREE Distance Learning Version Included
Download the free 2 week sample to try in your classroom! Click here.
Check out the detailed preview! Please let me know if you have any questions.
Check out these other MIDDLE SCHOOL resources!
- Virtual Book Club with Creative Digital Choice Board
- Bad Kitty Read Aloud and Narrative Writing Pack
- Text Form Specific Graphic Organizers
- Dialogue Journal Template
- Digital Class Book Template
- Passion Project (Digital and Printable)
- Picture Book Analyzing Project
Check out this sample of my "Learn, Practice, Self Assess and Apply" math sets. Pick up your FREE Rounding Decimals lesson and differentiated activity set here.
The free rounding lesson is a part of my GIANT Growing, time and money saving bundle (20% off PLUS so many FREE products to come). So many great sets to cover your math curriculum including:
- Algebra Lesson and Escape Room Bundle
- Order of Operations Lesson and Escape Room Bundle
- Prime and Composite Numbers and Escape Room Bundle
- Ordering and Comparing Integers and Escape Room Bundle
- Patterning with Function Rules and Escape Room Bundle
- Whole numbers with Place Value and Escape Room Bundle
- Transformations on a Cartesian Plane Lesson and Escape Room Bundle
- Converting Fractions Decimals and Percent's Lesson and Escape Room Bundle
- Adding & Subtracting Fractions by Fractions by Unlike Denominators and Multiplying & Dividing Fractions by Whole #’s Lesson and Activity Set
- Graphing Lessons, Activities and Project, including Misleading Graphs
- Social Emotional Learning in Math
Save yourself so much time and money! Check it out here!
Did you know that leaving feedback gives you points towards FREE TpT products? Free products for you, feedback for me...it's a win win!
Please let me know if you have any questions and don't forget to follow me to be notified when more products like these become available! You can also check out my other digital products in my TpT store!
Thank you for your time,
Stacey - 1 Passionate Teacher