This complete teaching unit plan on "The Ecology of Communities" contains 10 separate products. It includes everything you need to teach a unit on community ecology to your life science or biology students.
When appropriate, I have included each product as an editable Word document, and I have also included each product in PDF form. Each of these products is sold separately in my TpT store, but buying the entire unit in one download will save you money. If each of these products were purchased separately, the total cost would be $25.49. I am selling the complete bundle of products for $18.99, a saving of 25%.
For Even Greater Savings: This complete unit bundle is included in my "Full Year Biology Curriculum Bundle." Click the link below to view this bundle.
Biology Full Year Curriculum
All answers are included.
The products included in this teaching bundle are:
Community Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Community Ecology Quiz / Review Worksheet
Lab: Soil Communities
Lichens: Informational Text, Critical Reading and Lab Activity
Community Ecology REVIEW Powerpoint of 50 Questions/Answers
Community Ecology Homework and Study Guide
Community Ecology Unit Test
Predator Prey Informational Text and Graphing Activity
FREE Graphing and Data Analysis Activity on the Symbiotic Relationships of Mycorrhizae
Set of 6 Ecology Crossword Puzzles
1. Community Interactions: Definition of community, types of community interactions such as competition, predation, symbiosis, mutualism, commensalism, and parasitism.
2. Competition: Definition of competition, resource, competitive exclusion principle, character displacement, many examples, resource partitioning, the result of organisms having identical niches.
3. Predation: Definition, examples, predator, prey, the role of natural selection, adaptations found in predators, adaptations found in prey, mimicry, adaptations found in plants and herbivores.
4. Symbiosis: Definition of symbiosis, types of symbiosis, mutualism, commensalism, parasitism, and examples of each.
5. Properties of Communities: Species richness and diversity, definition of species richness, definition of species diversity, the species-area effect, the result of habitat destruction.
6. Succession: Disturbances, definition and examples of disturbances, types of succession, primary succession, examples of primary succession, secondary succession, examples of secondary succession, pioneer species, climax communities.
7. Succession in a Marine Ecosystem: A Whale-Fall Community.
The PowerPoint consists of 56 slides that are colorful, informative and visually stimulating. Pictures and diagrams are included that will greatly enhance your instruction to your students. This product also includes a set of notes for the teacher and a set of notes for the student. The students get an outline of the notes that they fill in as the PowerPoint lesson is being presented.
This teaching bundle is appropriate for all biology students in grades 8 - 12.
Introduction to Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Population Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Ecosystems and the Biosphere Part 1: Energy Flow and the Recycling of Matter PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Ecosystems and the Biosphere Part 2: Biomes of the World PowerPoint and Notes
Humans and the Environment PowerPoint and Notes
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page