Products in this Bundle (11)
showing 1-5 of 11 products
Also included in
- All of my ecology and environmental science resources (6 ecology unit bundles) are included in this one Super-Mega-Bundle! This mega-bundle includes all of the PowerPoints, notes, labs, task cards, homework assignments, review games, quizzes, activities, and unit tests that you need to teach a comp$175.00$244.87Save $69.87
This complete teaching unit on "Community Ecology" includes everything you need to teach a unit on community ecology to your life science or biology students. Resources include a Powerpoint presentation packed with colorful and interesting photographs, homework/study guide, 2 labs, a set of task cards, 2 graphing and informational text activities, 2 short quizzes, crossword puzzle, test prep review questions, and a final unit test.
From the engaging PowerPoint to the final unit test, this bundle contains loads of NO PREP materials that are ready to be used with your students. Many of the resources in this bundle are available in paperless digital formats for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, Microsoft OneDrive, or similar.
What is included in this bundle? ( Items marked with ** have both printable and digital versions.)
- Community Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student **
- Community Ecology Task Cards **
- Community Ecology Quiz Set of 2 **
- Lab: Soil Communities
- Lichens: Informational Text, Critical Reading and Lab Activity **
- Community Ecology REVIEW Powerpoint of 50 Questions/Answers
- Community Ecology Homework and Study Guide **
- Community Ecology Unit Test **
- Predator Prey Informational Text and Graphing Activity **
- FREE Graphing and Data Analysis Activity on the Symbiotic Relationships of Mycorrhizae **
- Ecology Crossword Puzzles
Teacher Guide containing tips for implementing the resources, suggestions for sequencing, and alignment to NGSS standards is also included.
For Even Greater Savings: This complete unit bundle is included in the following money-saving bundles.
Click the links below to view these bundles.
Complete Teacher Answer Keys are included for each resource.
Topics covered in this lesson are:
- Community Interactions: Definition of community, types of community interactions such as competition, predation, symbiosis, mutualism, commensalism, and parasitism.
- Competition: Definition of competition, definition of resource, the competitive exclusion principle, character displacement, many examples, resource partitioning, the result of organisms having identical niches.
- Predation: Definition, examples, predator, prey, the role of natural selection, adaptations found in predators, adaptations found in prey, mimicry, adaptations found in plants and herbivores.
- Symbiosis: Definition of symbiosis, types of symbiosis, mutualism, commensalism, parasitism, many examples of each.
- Properties of Communities: Species richness and diversity, definition of species richness, definition of species diversity, the species-area effect, the result of habitat destruction.
- Succession: Disturbances, definition and examples of disturbances, definition of succession, types of succession, primary succession, examples of primary succession, secondary succession, examples of secondary succession, pioneer species, climax communities.
- Succession in a Marine Ecosystem: A Whale-Fall Community.
The PowerPoint consists of 56 slides that are colorful, informative and visually stimulating. Pictures and diagrams are included that will greatly enhance your instruction to your students. This product also includes a set of notes for the teacher and a set of notes for the student. The students get an outline of the notes that they fill in as the PowerPoint lesson is being presented.
This teaching bundle is appropriate for all biology students in grades 8 - 12.
Related Products Include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
You can find me at these locations as well: