Set of 2 Community Ecology Quizzes. This is a set of two different quizzes on community ecology. These are shorter than a unit test and are designed to check for understanding before we reach "test day". Each quiz consists of fill in the blank questions, matching questions, and short answer questions. The two documents can also be used as homework assignments, or to provide a great study guide for your unit test.
The quizzes are appropriate for biology or life science students in grades 8 - 12.
Each quiz covers the following information.
- Community Interactions: Definition of community, types of community interactions such as competition, predation, symbiosis, mutualism, commensalism, and parasitism.
- Competition: Definition of competition, definition of resource, the competitive exclusion principle, character displacement, resource partitioning, the result of organisms having identical niches.
- Predation: Definition, predator, prey, the role of natural selection, adaptations found in predators, adaptations found in prey, mimicry, adaptations found in plants and herbivores.
- Symbiosis: Definition of symbiosis, types of symbiosis, mutualism, commensalism, parasitism, examples of each.
- Properties of Communities: Species richness and diversity, definition of species richness, definition of species diversity, the species-area effect, the result of habitat destruction.
- Succession: Disturbances, definition and examples of disturbances, definition of succession, types of succession, primary succession, examples of primary succession, secondary succession, examples of secondary succession, pioneer species, climax communities.
The download will include both a Word document as well as a pdf form of the quiz.
Related products include:
Introduction to Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Population Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Community Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Ecosystems and the Biosphere Part 1: Energy Flow and the Recycling of Matter PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Ecosystems and the Biosphere Part 2: Biomes of the World PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Humans and the Environment PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Set of 6 Ecology Crossword Puzzles - FREE
FREE Graphing and Data Analysis Activity on the Symbiotic Relationships of Mycorrhizae
Biology Lab: Soil Communities
Community Ecology Task Cards
Community Ecology REVIEW Powerpoint of 50 Questions/Answers
Lichens: Informational Text, Critical Reading and Lab Activity
Community Ecology Unit Test
Predator Prey Informational Text and Graphing Activity
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store: Amy Brown Science
You can find me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page