This unit test / final assessment for a unit on "Community Ecology" is an editable test bank of questions that will allow you to make the perfect unit test for your life science or biology students in grades 8 - 12.
This unit test was written to accompany my Community Ecology Bundle, but can be successfully used with any chapter on Community Ecology from a traditional high school biology textbook.
There are 44 questions of varying formats on the test: 16 matching questions, 23 multiple choice questions, and 5 short answer questions. Answer key is included.
Topics covered in this unit test are:
- Community Interactions: Definition of community, types of community interactions such as competition, predation, symbiosis, mutualism, commensalism, and parasitism.
- Competition: Definition of competition, definition of resource, the competitive exclusion principle, character displacement, many examples, resource partitioning, the result of organisms having identical niches.
- Predation: Definition, examples, predator, prey, the role of natural selection, adaptations found in predators, adaptations found in prey, mimicry, adaptations found in plants and herbivores.
- Symbiosis: Definition of symbiosis, types of symbiosis, mutualism, commensalism, parasitism, many examples of each.
- Properties of Communities: Species richness and diversity, definition of species richness, definition of species diversity, the species-area effect, the result of habitat destruction.
- Succession: Disturbances, definition and examples of disturbances, definition of succession, types of succession, primary succession, examples of primary succession, secondary succession, examples of secondary succession, pioneer species, climax communities.
The download will include both an editable Word document and PDF.
Related products include:
Community Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Introduction to Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Population Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Ecosystems and the Biosphere Part 1: Energy Flow and the Recycling of Matter PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Ecosystems and the Biosphere Part 2: Biomes of the World PowerPoint and Notes
Humans and the Environment PowerPoint and Notes
FREE Set of Six Ecology Crossword Puzzles
Lichens: Informational Text, Critical Reading and Lab Activity
FREE! Backyard Ecology: An Ecological Assessment of Your Back Yard
Lab: Soil Communities
Community Ecology Task Cards
FREE Graphing and Data Analysis Activity on the Symbiotic Relationships of Mycorrhizae
Community Ecology Quiz / Review Worksheet
Community Ecology REVIEW Powerpoint of 50 Questions/Answers
Community Ecology Homework and Study Guide
Predator Prey Informational Text and Graphing Activity
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store: Amy Brown Science
You can find me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page