This unit test was written to test the material that I teach in my unit on Community Ecology.
The test contains 30 questions: 10 fill in the blank questions, 15 multiple choice questions, and 5 short answer questions. This test is suitable for biology or life science students in grades 8 - 12.
Answer key is included.
PLEASE NOTE: This test is also included in my Community Ecology Complete Lesson Plan Bundle
Topics covered in this unit test are:
1. Community Interactions: Definition of community, types of community interactions such as competition, predation, symbiosis, mutualism, commensalism, and parasitism.
2. Competition: Definition of competition, resource, competitive exclusion principle, character displacement, many examples, resource partitioning, the result of organisms having identical niches.
3. Predation: Definition, examples, predator, prey, the role of natural selection, adaptations found in predators, adaptations found in prey, mimicry, adaptations found in plants and herbivores.
4. Symbiosis: Definition of symbiosis, types of symbiosis, mutualism, commensalism, parasitism, examples of each.
5. Properties of Communities: Species richness and diversity, definition of species richness, definition of species diversity, the species-area effect, the result of habitat destruction.
6. Succession: Disturbances, definition and examples of disturbances, types of succession, primary succession, examples of primary succession, secondary succession, examples of secondary succession, pioneer species, climax communities.
The download will include multiple formats of the test (Word document and PDF).
Related products include:
Community Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Introduction to Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Population Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Ecosystems and the Biosphere Part 1: Energy Flow and the Recycling of Matter PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Ecosystems and the Biosphere Part 2: Biomes of the World PowerPoint and Notes
Humans and the Environment PowerPoint and Notes
FREE Set of Six Ecology Crossword Puzzles
Lichens: Informational Text, Critical Reading and Lab Activity
FREE! Backyard Ecology: An Ecological Assessment of Your Back Yard
Lab: Soil Communities
FREE Graphing and Data Analysis Activity on the Symbiotic Relationships of Mycorrhizae
Community Ecology Quiz / Review Worksheet
Community Ecology REVIEW Powerpoint of 50 Questions/Answers
Community Ecology Homework and Study Guide
Predator Prey Informational Text and Graphing Activity
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)