Teach your students about the various community helpers and the roles they play in our community. This Mini-Unit offers a variety of activities to introduce community workers and their roles as well as integrating this concept with various ELA skills such as syllables, writing, and alphabetical order. The community helpers included in this unit are chef, police officer, detective, mail carrier, plumber, crossing guard, gardener, dentist, teacher, veterinarian, garbage collector, doctor, firefighter, custodian, librarian, farmer.
This product includes:
- teacher suggestions and directions for each activity included
- 18 easy assembly double sided flashcards (can be used as memory match-up game also)
- 18 blackline flashcards same as above except with one lined side
(can be used as Write the Room activity)
- 16 pocket chart visual reference strips
- 16 Who am I? Task Cards with 3 versions of recording sheets
- 16 Clipping Syllables Activity Cards plus recording sheet (you will need to provide clothespins or paperclips)
- Community BINGO game - 10 bingo cards, calling cards (2 versions), bingo "chips"
- 6 printable activities created using various formats and levels of difficulty as well as skills in order to allow for differentiation
This 53 page product is a great addition to any K-2 unit on community helpers. Check out the preview to see a close up view of most pages from this set.