PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
6.11 MB | 54 pages
This is a set of language and literacy centers and group activities for a Community Helpers theme unit for Preschool, PreK and Kindergarten children. The focus is on pre-emergent readers.
• Community helpers full page posters.
• Worker uniforms poster - what is a uniform?
• Flashcards set - make matching and memory games.
• Vehicles cards - match flashcard community helpers to vehicles (center)
• Go-Together cards (center)
• “Yes or no” group game - children hold up "yes" or "no" card to answer teacher's questions
• Lotto/memory game (center)
• “Who is” group game - teacher gives clues about a community helper, children guess
• Emergent reader cut and paste – “How Do They Go?”
• Story starters/writing prompts - teacher writes child's words, child draws picture.