This file contains the math and literacy centers that I do during my Community Helper Unit each year. There are seven different games that focus on a variety of skills.
1. Where's the Fireman - Letter Recognition. Hide the fireman under the firetruck. Students take turns naming a letter to try and find the fireman.
2. Fire Truck Count - Math. Counting to 14. Students count the correct number of blue unifix cubes or blocks to make towers of "water" to put out the fire on the houses.
3. Policeman Beginning Sound Sort - Beginning Sound Recognition. Students match the policeman to the correct police car.
4. Policeman Count and Clip - Math. Counting to 16. Students count the objects and clip a clothespin on the correct number.
5. Cookie Sounds - Beginning Sound Recognition. Students match the cookies to the correct letter.
6. Band Aid Bear - Letter Recognition or Beginning Sound Recognition. Students put the correct band aid on the teddy bear by either matching letters or sounds.
7. Community Helper Mazes - Letter Recognition. Students follow the correct letter though the maze to the community helper to his/her destination.