This Community Helpers Preschool Language packet has everything you need to target a variety of expressive and receptive language skills with your Pre-K language students. The activities included target the most common goal areas that your preschool age speech and language students are working on: nouns, matching, verbs, prepositions (in, out, on, off, next to, in front of, over, under).
Included in this packet:
• 5 Different interactive books
☀ Community Helpers Nouns
☀ Community Helpers Match It
☀ Community Helpers Prepositions
☀ Community Helpers Actions
☀ Community Helpers Wh Questions
• 1 Find the Community Helpers picture sorting page
• 1 Who is It? Picture page with a riddle/clue page for describing the vocabulary to students.
• 1 WH Question Visuals page
• 4 Let's Talk About It page- uses real photographs for students to talk about with a number of wh-questions that can be asked to drive the discussion.
•1 Books for Community Helpers picture list of recommended books to use for this theme.
•1 Parent Handout page with ideas to send home for play, vocabulary, and discussion with a preschool student, all focusing on the Community Helpers theme.
• 1 set of black and white Vocabulary Picture Cards for students to take home.
To create the items in this packet you will need laminating film and Velcro.
In addition to being used for preschool, the activities contained in this packet are also great for your students with Autism Spectrum Disorder who need visuals to assist with their learning.