Community Places Activities | 1st or 2nd Grade Social Studies Unit
Also included in
- Spruce up your 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade social studies unit with these community activities! This all inclusive unit will cover types of communities, community helpers, community places, goods and services and renewable vs nonrenewable resources.Students Will Learn:About 3 types of communities (urban,Price $9.50Original Price $15.00Save $5.50
Spruce up your 1st or 2nd grade social studies unit with these community places activities. Students will research important landmarks in communities and create crafts about goods and services offered, including: hospitals, schools, banks, autoshops, firehouse, police station, post office and stores.
Each Craft/Activity Includes a Graphic Organizer with Practice for:
- What problem/solution does the building solve?
- What people will you see in each building?
- What goods or services are offered here?
Plus a fun craft!
- Teaching Guide
- Book Suggestions (leveled readers are NOT included)
- Picture Examples
- Essential Question
- Learning Target
- Vocabulary Cards
- 8 Printable Craft and Graphic Organizer Pages
- Answer Key
Please note that leveled readers are NOT included. Links to FREE books online are embedded in the resource.
Teaching about COMMUNITIES? Grab this MUST HAVE unit! Or check out the other pieces of this bundle:
- Communities Unit [BUNDLE!]
- Types of Communities Brochure (urban, rural, suburban)
- Community Helpers Flip Book Activities
- Community Places Crafts and Activities
- Goods vs. Services Sorting Activity
- Nonrenewable vs. Renewable Resources Sorting Activity
You can also connect with me for first access to my resources, giveaways and FREEBIES via: Email | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Teachers Pay Teachers
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.